jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What does it take to get you motivated to do difficult work?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

What does it take to get you motivated to do difficult work?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11877115_f260.jpg

2. magicalvacation profile image76
    magicalvacationposted 3 years ago

Often two things-- coffee and the realization that if I don't, I'll end up going broke! smile °o°

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12184887_f260.jpg

When I was younger I first learned this motivational genius playing team sports, specifically hockey. We were instructed that the more difficult the challenge the greater the reward. When we had to defeat Brantford to eventually make the All Ontario Finals, we did despite their star named Wayne Gretzsky. We had no super stars just team-work, hope and tenacity. We made it all the way to the All Ontario Finals on hope, team work, and tenacity. Yet we understood what those characteristics would yield, that is, euphoric contentment. Thus, when a difficult stimulus is confronted by hope or confidence with a ping of teamwork and the pang of tenacity what I was programmed to understand was the eventual most wonderful feeling of euphoric contentment was a certainty. That has been reinforced time and time again. Thus, it is my way to overcome...

4. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Sometimes when we are faced with difficult task in front of us, we either try many excuses not to do it or we face the task with determination and bravery to do it and be rewarded at the end. For me, it is the reward or contentment that you feel at the end of doing a difficult work that motivates me.

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

liesl5858,
      It makes sense to focus on the end result rather than the apprehension you might feel before you even begin.
      Thanks, Lisa

2. profile image56
      Ian Mooneposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The more you think you hate doing something, that you know you "have" to do at some point in time..The more urgent you should be about doing it, because these things are tests of our metal..If it's gotta be done do it, & then feel the pride etc.

working