jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What SEO tips and traffic driving methods do niche website owners use?

1. GizSleep profile image79
    GizSleepposted 2 years ago

What SEO tips and traffic driving methods do niche website owners use?

I've been fascinated by SEO for about 3 years now and I'm looking to start my own niche website soon. However, I've read and made notes (and practiced on other websites I've made) and I feel I'm ready to proceed. I was just thinking - because it's difficult to sometimes know where to start as there's so much to do - that surely there is other people like me who're looking to develop their own niche site and would like to create a community on here to chat about their methods and progress. Apologies if there is already a group like this on here, I'm still fairly new to using this regularly!

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 2 years ago

Use social media. I find Pinterest and Twitter work best for me. It can also help to make hubs about your topic with a link. It does need to be useful information, not just a door to your website though.

GizSleepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have thought about linking (where relevant) my hubs to other blog posts. I find Twitter to be much more useful than FB but I haven't used Pinterest much. I'll have to try it, thanks for the comment!

3. Srey Mony profile image61
    Srey Monyposted 2 years ago

For SEO, I would use Google Keyword planner to research the keywords and find out the amount of searches it gets every month. I keep the monthly searches at 3000-12000 per month so I know I can rank with some good content on my website.

I also use SEMrush and majestic.com as well for my research.

GizSleepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Can I ask, when you find on a niche such as "calf muscles exercises for men" with good searches per month, how do you develop content for a microsite? Would you write a few webpages targeting that keyword or different pages on site for similar terms?

2. Srey Mony profile image61
      Srey Monyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I would create a post with a minimum of 500 words (2000 words is best) and target the keyword through backlinks. You want to get your links coming from sites that has authority. You can send backlinks from social networks like Facebook & Twitter.

working