jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some good resources for choosing a career?

1. Lila Raines profile image75
    Lila Rainesposted 2 years ago

What are some good resources for choosing a career?

2. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 2 years ago

I would focus on procuring the help of mentors in this rather tough economy to facilitate career-choice. Ask questions and socialize with people who can facilitate this. My father had friends over for dinner and they were always helpful to my brother and I with advice and sometimes even opportunity...

3. BumblelyBee profile image81
    BumblelyBeeposted 2 years ago

1) What do you love, what are you good at and what are you passionate about?
    2) What careers are based on these things? (idk if you like protesting for peoples rights because you are passionate for peoples rights maybe a career in which you try to stand up for human rights, if you like writing non-fictional stuff, maybe journalism).
    3) What is the likely hood of you actually getting a job in this career if you qualified?
    4) What do you need to qualify to get this job (like degree, work experience, driving license, any other licenses?) and can you get these qualifications?
    5) Can you live on the salary and most important will you be happy?

I guess many governments have career profiles you can check, there are people who do career advise in schools, colleges, universities and probably in job centres too. For some places you can ask to volunteer to get a feel of what the job is like and this will also look good on your cv.

4. Kimberleyclarke profile image82
    Kimberleyclarkeposted 2 years ago

If you were meeting someone new, and they asked you what you do for a living, what answer would make you feel most proud?

I'm starting university soon to completely change my career at 34 years old because I want to do something I can be proud of. That feeling of pride in ones work will be different for us all.

Good luck!