I would focus on procuring the help of mentors in this rather tough economy to facilitate career-choice. Ask questions and socialize with people who can facilitate this. My father had friends over for dinner and they were always helpful to my brother and I with advice and sometimes even opportunity...
1) What do you love, what are you good at and what are you passionate about?
2) What careers are based on these things? (idk if you like protesting for peoples rights because you are passionate for peoples rights maybe a career in which you try to stand up for human rights, if you like writing non-fictional stuff, maybe journalism).
3) What is the likely hood of you actually getting a job in this career if you qualified?
4) What do you need to qualify to get this job (like degree, work experience, driving license, any other licenses?) and can you get these qualifications?
5) Can you live on the salary and most important will you be happy?
I guess many governments have career profiles you can check, there are people who do career advise in schools, colleges, universities and probably in job centres too. For some places you can ask to volunteer to get a feel of what the job is like and this will also look good on your cv.
If you were meeting someone new, and they asked you what you do for a living, what answer would make you feel most proud?
I'm starting university soon to completely change my career at 34 years old because I want to do something I can be proud of. That feeling of pride in ones work will be different for us all.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|