Have YOU witnessed favoritism practiced at work?If so, how did such disparate tr

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Have YOU witnessed favoritism practiced at work?If so, how did such disparate treatment affect you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7676326_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Janice Hornerposted 2 years ago

I experienced this in my previous job.  Although I strived to do well, signing up for courses myself, completing them and getting a certificate so I could do my job better, my face just did not fit.  People who pretended to look busy(doing nothing actually), were the people who were praised. 

I will never understand it, but it goes on all the time and I've witnessed this many times. 

At one particular time, I was made to feel I was in a corner on my own.  The boss would give me no eye contact, tried to make me do menial jobs and give the best to another colleague, who did not have a clue what to do, but they were smoking buddies and I do not smoke.  I felt I was being talked about all the time.  They spent most of their day outside smoking, why I ran the office, it was appalling.  It is something I try not to think about but sometimes it slips back to mind. 

I always think that what comes around goes around, and actually it did.  But at the time, I hated my job and dreaded the thought of even going to work.

working