Will the Amazon attempt to buy Whole Foods end up being blocked?

1. RJ Schwartz profile image95
    RJ Schwartzposted 6 months ago

Will the Amazon attempt to buy Whole Foods end up being blocked?

Investor Robert Riegel reportedly claims the deal undervalues the high-end retailer and is being made without sufficient transparency.  In the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, he alleges that Whole Foods’ July 7 proxy statement is misleading and fails to disclose information important to stakeholders.

Also, U.S. Representative David Cicilline, the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, yesterday called for a hearing on the acquisition.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13613851_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image35
    bradmasterOCcalposted 6 months ago

Ralph
    I guess you have to ask, how did we get so many global super conglomerate businesses in the US? I suspect it is because Congress is so politically gridlocked that they have been unable, didn't care, or told by their backers what should be done.

BTW, look at the proposed ATT - Timers Warner Deal. In my area, I only have two choice for high speed Internet, yes those two companies.

As for Whole Foods, how many super markets are owned by the same holding company? There aren't that many, so super market brands go to a few common core holders.

I wouldn't hold out for any solutions from congress. When I refer to Global Super Conglomerates, I am referring to Monopolies on steroids. smile

I am not sure whether I got the reason for your question, so feel free to delete.

working