jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Just curious. Can China overtake the USA as economic super power?

1. ian 12am profile image85
    ian 12amposted 3 months ago

Just curious.
    Can China overtake the USA as economic super power?

China is growing rapidly as a world economic giant. Will a day come when China will be the biggest economy in the world?

2. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 3 months ago

Simply developing an economy with four times the population of the United States will lead to that happening if it hasn't already happened.

ian 12amposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Tamara, I agree with you. China's population has greatly contributed to their  economic growth. I am inclined to believe also that some of their foreign economic policies give them an added advantage.

2. Ken Burgess profile image89
      Ken Burgessposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Population size doesn't matter per se, what matters is that they will work for minimal wages (pennies on the dollar) and in conditions that are dangerous and without benefits. America has 100 million unemployed the difference is wages/benefits.

3. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 3 months ago

China already is the most powerful economic force in the world.  I have written extensively about this, the link below is to the most informative Hub I have done on the matter:   

https://soapboxie.com/economy/China-ove … US-Economy

Take the time to review it, it will likely answer most of your questions.

ian 12amposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot for the insightful submissions in that article.

2. Ken Burgess profile image89
      Ken Burgessposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, an interesting question, about a topic American MSM chooses to ignore.  China has surpassed America and will soon disconnect itself from the dollar, and begin leading a portion of the world  through BRICS and other agreements.

working