jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you overtake the last person in a race, then you are in what position?

1. profile image32
    sunilbharposted 8 years ago

If you overtake the last person in a race, then you are in what position?

2. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 8 years ago

You can't overtake the last person in a race.  smile

3. Khamori 24 profile image53
    Khamori 24posted 8 years ago

Ok.....Technically speaking....

IF You Overtake the LAST person in the Race then that could mean 3 one of three things or different people

The First is that saying you have lead the race the whole time and you get ready to Lap someone (LAST PLACE) then you are in 1st Place AND you overtook the last place runner.

Then the second is if you have been running the race the whole time and one by one you pass up alot of people and it gets to that LAST STRETCH with ONE MORE PERSON to take and you finally beat him and win the race then obviously you (overtook the last person in front of you in the race) and won it.

And then there is the third which is YOU WERE IN LAST PLACE and then you started beating Second Place THEREFORE the person that WAS in front of you is now in last place and YOU are NOW SECOND TO LAST PLACE.

Three ways to think about for everyone.....
    So that is your answer for your sarcastic question LOL....

4. DrSyn profile image65
    DrSynposted 8 years ago

Examiner rule no. 1 - read the question.
    You over take the LAST person in the race ?
    What is your position?

A) How can you overtake the LAST person? Because you would have to have been last to do such.
    B) If the race is a lap race, then yes YOU are able to overtake the last person, because you go faster. Perhaps several times, think motor-racing Grand Prix, coming out of the pits, YOU overtake the LAST person.
    C) Your actual position is not known in this puzzle, i.e. first, second, third, fourth, however you are not LAST. That is your position.

5. pixi676 profile image57
    pixi676posted 7 years ago

yea this is a brain teaser big time but i think it would depend on the type of race, the number of places available, and i agree with dr syn that no matter what you wont be last!

6. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

I cannot say about the humans, but in horse racing, the horse overtaking the last in its Group, is called an "Also Ran"

7. HLKeeley profile image82
    HLKeeleyposted 8 months ago

Not possible because most likely I am the last person in the race. I am so slow.