One of the most common online jobs these days is freelance programming. This is because the world of software development and programming world is going continuously undergoing through drastic changes.
Freelance programming is also on demand because many big and even small companies are getting into different levels and options in order to gear their businesses towards stability. Because more and more companies are gearing towards different alternatives to promote their products and services better, this need opens up a lot of opportunities to professionals who are doing freelance work.
Becoming a freelance program
If you are a planning to get an online job as a freelance programmer, the first thing that you should have is the willingness to spend extra hours in dedicating your skills, expertise and experience to have better chances of survival in the industry. To those who are planning to be a freelance programmer online, you must:
- be must be able to finalize a certain set of goals. This is very important especially if you want to go freelancing online because this will serve as your foundation for the shifting career. Before you finally decide becoming a freelance programmer online, make sure that you have developed a clear set of goals to know where you are headed. You should also be able to develop a good business plan to identify your strengths and weaknesses as well as your abilities. Once you have done this, then you can now sell your services in various clients out there.
- create an impressive portfolio. Remember, your portfolio is your representation in the online market. If you want to go freelance in the world of programming online, your portfolio should reflect what you are marketing. Always remember that your portfolio is your "calling card," make sure that you build it well. Some of the good qualities of an effective portfolio are organized, clear, and professional-looking. If you are just planning to build one, make sure that you include your best works.
- try to build and maintain good working relationships with your clients. Working online makes it harder for people to create and maintain good working relationships. But, don’t let this prevent you from developing harmonious relationships with your clients. All you need to do is to open good communication lines with your clients and be there when they have questions or clarifications.
- get projects by promoting or marketing yourself. You can do this by signing up with an online marketplace, by building your own website, by creating a self-promotion piece, program or design, or by networking. You can also ask your friends who also have online jobs to refer you to their clients.
- always keep in mind that this is a business. Although being a freelance programmer is an online job, this is still a business. To maintain its viability, you must ensure that you have regular business hours when you accept a new project. You can also do this by always making sure that sign the contract and by getting half of your fee up as soon as the project starts to progress.
Freelance programmers who want to get online jobs can surf the Internet and try to visit sites where freelance works are listed such as AllFreelance, icplanet, ework, elance, workexchange, smarterwork, FlipDog Jobs, and eWanted.
by Mavhe Quijada 6 years ago
What is the best part time online job?I need a part time online job and I wonder if you guys can suggest me one.
by Fluffymetal 8 years ago
by Eldritch Elegy 9 years ago
I am a soon-to-be mom, and I am terrified.I want to stay at home, but with the economy the way it is, I just don't see how it's possible. My husband and I are both soldiers -- he is active duty, and I recently switched from active duty to the reserves (I didn't want to be deployed to Iraq and have...
by Katelyn Weel 7 years ago
Has anyone had any experience with oDesk? It's an online job site.
by bloggerking75 4 years ago
Is there any job that i could get online. No scams. No spams.
by essiheart 7 years ago
How would I go about becoming a freelance writer, and making it so that it provides enough of an...income as to where I don't need a 9-5 job?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|