AS AN ENTREPRENEURS

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. mhd051 profile image57
    mhd051posted 13 years ago

As an entrepreneurs, what kind of business do you, how many hours do you daily work and do you people have same schedule for everyday or it changes.

1. She-rah profile image68
      She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I developed an organic natural treatment for my life threatening autoimmune disease (been in remission 11 months now), marketed it for other women like myself and a variety of other natural and organic treatments, and it is patent pending with the USPTO since 11/3/2010. Been using only ebay, hubpages (mainly 4 hubs), and a fairly new website to spread awareness, market, and promote. These run on autopilot most of the summer except for making and shipping my sales. I work about 15-16hrs per day in the winter on backlinking, tweaking, developing, spreading awareness for my disease, researching other rare diseases, sales, and shipping. My schedule continuously changes depending on my sales and what I need to research. I've been working on this about a solid 4 months, I'm currently worldwide, number 1 on google for my niche,  and have made $600 in less than 60 days(not including google add clicks or Amazon). Hoping to just run all my hubs, ebay, and website on autopilot where I can just develop my treatment and ship. Maybe a few years before that happens but I think I might be on my way smile

mhd051posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@She-rah
        it seems you are working too hard smile the way you are working is also proper......cant be more perfect.....hopefully you will make it one day.....
        wat does this autoimmune disease do?

1. She-rah profile image68
          She-rahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm working very hard but I started this last winter, then I work HARD all summer doing construction with a small family business which really wipes me out.  I had to take a break from backlinkink, marketing my treatments/products this summer. Missed HP so badly but now I'm back at it for this winter. Started all of this because of my autoimmunity and inability to work enough. 4 children, bills to pay, and food to buy, you know!  My first 2 or 3 hubs were just practice and not very good but after I published my series on my disorder, I got tons of emails to sell my treatment. Never expected a response like that! I work on very individual cases, all my research/guidance per individual is free, so the price of my treatment is REALLY cheap considering the time I put into every unique case that needs/ uses it. Takes a ton of hard work and many, many hours backlinking, promoting, tweaking, researching, emailing etc. Probably not so much time and hard work for others but I'm still learning as I go. I didn't even know what a URL was when I first started doing this a year ago, completely illiterate smile  in the computer world, I could hardly email, LOL.

My autoimmune disease is one of the rarest in the world. I'm severely allergic to my own hormone (progesterone) and am only the 10th tested,diagnosed, and documented case like this since 1921. Unfortunately, I've found that it's not as rare as the medical industry seems to think and others like myself just NEVER get diagnosed or treated. My reactions were life threatening with multiple organ failure most months. Started showing signs when I was 10yrs old. Anyway, I get emails everyday from other women  that have this disease, still undiagnosed and untreated, most are just not as severe as my particular case but are horribly desperate for relief. Our treatment options are extremely limited, removing our female parts smile, and most doctors are not even aware of it's existence.  I don't like posting my hub links in the forums but you can check out my series on my profile page if you like.

Sounds like you have yourself a promising niche with your business. Always a great thing to be unique and offer something few others offer. Keep up the hard work, it is very hard work the first few years but I believe it eventually pays off. Especially if we can accomplish autopilot mode and just let it all work for us on it's own.

mhd051posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ohhhhh hopefully ur treatment will work out for people who need help........ya u were rite i haven't heard about this disease but on thing is for sure....all these consequences motivated you to work hard....and now u have ur own unique places. smile

2. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Monday to Friday I draw alot and also write, I've got the beginnings of stuff to complete by set deadlines and I make sure they are done. Obviously my niche is in art and I want to expand more in that area and not be a jack of all trades as I want the arts niche to be my number one niche that I can tackle and really have a go at.

Being an entrepreneur is about hard work and I've been at it for over 5 years on the Internet now and I can assume and pretty much safely say that I am slowly working less and less hours and actually enjoying the online things I do now and most certainly look forward to next year as that will see the release of my graphic novel and a few ebooks on drawing.

On the weekends I do more drawing and try to create my videos then as the kids are usually too busy on their consoles to shout and ball, so I can get on with that!

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I work an hour or two day, maybe three, rarely more.

Most of that is writing.  Some is answering emails or doing maintenance work.  Today was unusual in that I spent about two hours on site maintenance.  Yesterday was also unusual in that I drove 50 miles to a customer, spent an hour with them and then came home.

Most of the day I  read, play Scrabble, watch TV, surf the Net - oh,if you want to count things like making the bed, filling and emptying the dishwasher and dusting etc., add a half hour per day.  Which reminds me:  I need to finish bubble-wrapping the back windows for winter..

Though often all that surfing and reading turns into work related stuff, so who really knows?  It is impossible for me to always clearly say what is work and what is play.

Also, some of it takes so little time and effort I barely notice it.   I filled three orders this morning that put $225 profit in my pocket but none of them took more than a second or two to process.  That's not typical, but I get a few things like that every month that are decent money and almost no effort.  Going out to a customer isn't typical either, but that is often easy money too - drive somewhere, click a few keys, drive back.

Of course you have to know what keys to click smile

But other times I might get into something very intense that really drains me mentally yet makes very little money.  Shrug..  overall, I'm not going to ever complain about my work life.  I have it far better than most, and, before you ask, luck had very little to do with it.  I worked hard for many years to get to the point where I usually do not.

3. mhd051 profile image57
    mhd051posted 13 years ago

waynet......i thnk you work alot.....i work arounf 12 to 14 hours a day because i just started few new online buisneses...one buisness deals with apparel mostly leather goods and stuff and my price is cheaper than most, and i m providing real leather stuff. so seo and marketting takes most of my time...on the other hand i have just started selling hookahs or sheesha....as i noticed there are only few sellers and most buyers....
    wat do u think about my buisness.

4. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I run a leather jacket site, Disney tourist site, pet site, hotel site, a dozen other mainstream sites and a dozen adult sites.

My days are very unorganized I'm afraid. I'll do a little linking, write an article or two, make a product page, find a new program to promote and so on.

I never have a set schedule or set things to do, I go with the flow. Today It's after 2:30 PM and I have not done ONE bit of work yet! hmm

But I also want to start a few more sites, especially an electronics site. I work every day, between 2 to 12 hours a day. smile

1. WorldCup~2010 profile image60
      WorldCup~2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow thats a lot of sites to maintain! how do you do it?! I'v always dreamed of owning and running my own personal site but I never get around to it sad Is it hard managing all of those sites or so you have extra help maintaining them?

1. Bill Manning profile image67
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually Nelle Hoxie has hundreds of sites, so mine are nothing compared to hers.

But yes it's hard to keep up with them. I have several writers who write about half my articles. I handle everything else, I'm too picky to let anyone else do it.

Because I don't handle my time too good I'm always playing catch up, trying to keep my sites fresh. Still it sure beats anything else! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)