jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What is your natural treatment for seasonal allergies?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

What is your natural treatment for seasonal allergies?

There are so many "natural treatments" for allergies out there.  Which ones works for you?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

raw honey from your local area.  Eat a little bit every day about a month or so prior to allergy season if you are prone to pollen allergies. 

You can also take quercetin/bromelain together in a supplement.  Take it every day during allergy season and it really helps.  It has natural anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory properties without the side effects of allergy medications. 

A Neti pot is also a good choice.  Learn to properly use one with purified (Never Tap!) water to make the solution.  It rinses the sinuses and gets rid of the stuff that triggers allergies and sinusitis.

BlissfulWriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've heard the mention of quercetin and it is in some anti-inflammatory supplements as well.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Honey is the usual one that I use, but it only dulls the allergies a bit. There are other remedies, but they aren't found in my garden... I must expand! In a good way wink

Yes, many people say honey is good.

4. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7844668_f260.jpg

When my allergies act up, I use QBC. Quercitin bromelain complex by douglas labs. It is a natural antihistamine.http://www.amazon.com/Douglas-Labs-Quercetin-Bromelain-Complex-tabs/dp/B004HLDV0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364829699&sr=8-1&keywords=qbc+douglas+labs
    I also used a homeopathic solution formulated for your particular allergy. If they act up in the spring, then its pollen. If they act up all year round then its dust, and mold, which is what I used. 15 drops under the tongue until you no longer react. There are many formulas available, from grass, to dogs, and cats. Find the one that best fits the allergy.
    Allergies are the result of an over reactive immune system, by getting your immune system to calm down you've won half the battle. Another approach is beta glucan. This supplement normalizes the immune system response, much like the steroid sprays, and pills. It doesn't suppress, nor overstimulate it, just normalizes it. With no side effects, like jitters, or insomnia, both being a side effect of Inhalers, and steroids.
    Nasal rinses are also helpful. An easy one is a pinch of salt, and enough water to make a saline, in the palm of your hand. Close one nostril, sniff the saline in the other side. Blow your nose. Repeat with the other side. Helps to clean out the allergen, and debris. As well as helping to heal swollen sinuses. Salt water is very healing to mucus, and nasal passages. It's gross, but effective.
    There are numerous products, the ones I suggest have been proven by science, and clinical trials to be very effective.
    I have written an article on colds and allergies, with numerous ways to alleviate these common ailments.http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Is-it-a-cold-or-allergy

Douglas Labs seems to be a good company.  I've seen their YouTube videos.

2. artist101 profile image67
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've tried other brands, but don't seem to work as well. Douglas labs has the necessary co factor, magnesium, required to utilize the quercetin, and bromelain. Easy to swallow, and utilize.

5. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Here are five tips for you simple and easy:
    http://margaritaeden.hubpages.com/hub/5 … -allergies

6. Get Thin for Good profile image70
    Get Thin for Goodposted 5 years ago

It all depends on what the seasonal allergy is. I get nose bleeds in winter, and this year I trying prevention first, which is this:

- using a natural, daily nasal spray which moisturizes the veins (these burst or something with the dryness in winter, causing nose bleeds) and does other stuff (excuse my ignorance in this particular area!)
    - use an humidifier to help keep the air more moist because of heaters drying the air
    - use a homeopathic remedy for blocked/runny noses because I also suffer a little from sinus problems

Prevention is always better than cure!

working