jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Google Is Going to Bring the Crackdown on Web Spam

1. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 6 years ago

I found this article via the Warrior Forum. Google is going to be cracking down on the amount of spam on the search engines, and it might be targeting content mills, too.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/21/google … -are-next/

1. thisisoli profile image54
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We already have a few threads open on this smile

2. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.
      Just checked it out.

So, is this good or bad for HP?

1. thisisoli profile image54
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's good for sites that promote non spam content.  I don't know how much duplicate content Hubpages contains, but it probably is not enough to cause a huge issue.

Several smaller spam sites are panicking now, and are asking users to remove duplicate content. Some of the less reputable forums are also seem to have a lot of scared members as well!

1. viryabo profile image86
          viryaboposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's good to know.

2. ImChemist profile image57
          ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That we have to do here in cleaning this site from spammer , if you find any spam profile flag it !

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
            rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I saw a tweet today from Maddie, HP staff, who banned over 2500 spam accounts today!

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing. smile

3. profile image0
    Aleister888posted 6 years ago

As they say, content is king, legitimate websites will float to the top, poor quality will sink to the bottom, its just that simple smile

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I hope their "discoverer" works soon!  Its getting NASTY to search for almost anything!  so, that'll be real good - I reallly am looking forward to less spam.  everywhere.

5. GT Bulmer profile image60
    GT Bulmerposted 6 years ago

Search engine spam is getting out of control, so if Google can put something in place to effectively filter the true spam, then it should be a good thing. We'll have to reserve judgment until we see how it works, though.

working