I searched for my Hub article on Google I could not find it !

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (48 posts)
  1. austere125rivers profile image60
    austere125riversposted 12 years ago

I searched for my first article - I have published here - on Google I could not find it . Why the search engine couldn't find  it.

I did publish the same article in an another small site, and both Google and yahoo search engines are only able to  find the article published in the small site not the hub one. why ?
    Does it happen to you too?
    thanks

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Duplicate content will not work well here. Original articles are preferred by HP and Google.  I would delete the hub if it is posted elsewhere.  smile

2. profile image58
      MorganRogerDentalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you have posted duplicate content at hub. So,this error has occurred. First be sure that you have deleted your article at hub, then again post it with different title. It may work out then.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No it won't, changing the title will make no difference if the content is duplicated.

You would have to completely re-write the whole article, but you could then keep the same title.

2. austere125rivers profile image60

I did not post elsewhere, i have just done a test. In other hand, I have copied  some text from an another HUB member article and pasted it in  Google. and again Google failed to find the page of that member.

3. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

You duplicated the whole of the hub on Yahoo answers. Duplicate content is not permitted on HubPages.

4. austere125rivers profile image60

@WriteAngled : thank for your replay
    But I have googled your title (How to deal with tempting foods and lapses on a weight loss diet) and didn't find your  article either whey ?
    why Google cannot find it ?

1. WriteAngled profile image75
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have put the title into Google just now and have 7 hits for it.

austere125riversposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you thats what I want to know, may be I have some problems in my Google. I have to try from another computer.
        I did search your text as I said above , Google failed to open find your article, and this the case for all Hub articles here. I don't know why.
        What is your search engine?

You articles are 100% plagiarized but with your sexy photo people do click on  them.
        I am here just to practice English nothing more.

1. IzzyM profile image85

Hubpages is not a site for 'practising' English.

2. WriteAngled profile image75
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have reported you for libel and also for sexual harassment.
          Since HP has a record of your IP address, I presume it will be easy to identify you should I wish to start legal proceedings against you as well.

1. IzzyM profile image85

You go, girl!

I chose to ignore that comment he made to you because it is insane. I mean he is searching Google, you looked up Google, then he asked what search engine you use? Obviously has very poor command of the English language as well as an insanity streak.

Gee lol sexual harassment at once?  I didn't say you are beautiful ! please understand me well. How can I harass sexually someone who I don't like his face or his fake smile.
            By "sexy photo" I meant that this photo is over-retouched  in Photoshop  in order to attract more clicks.
            But your face  as well your profile had an opposite effect on me. some sort of negative energy is there.

By" I am here just to practice English nothing more" I meant that I don't care if stay here or get banned, since my goal is not selling my articles.

I hope you have earned some money from your great articles in order to pay the court.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
              Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello mate.  I don't know why you are here, and I don't care obviously.  But there's something about your attitude that stinks.  Personally if I was new on a site with a dodgy looking handle (the numbers are much loved by copiers and scammers) and a recently moderated hub - I might be looking for some help and advice.

Or I might do the decent hard working writers a favour and find somewhere else to purvey my er qualities.

Of course you could create a decent profile, plus a picture, write a decent hub and apologise - and start again.

Who knows you might win a HubNugget.

I jest of course.

2. IzzyM profile image85

Are you still here?

5. Brett.Tesol profile image55
    Brett.Tesolposted 12 years ago

Normally it will take time for a hub to appear on search engines. You may want to try submitting your hub profile manually to all the main search engines. However, you will need to develop more traffic (unless you already have 100s/1000s of visitors) in order for it to show up on the first pages of Google ... there is a lot of competition out there! and many people/businesses pay good money to appear at the top of searches for key words/phrases.

I submitted my hub profile to Google and searches seem to come up with my hubs now. However, I have not had any traffic from outside hubpages yet, as I need to develop my hubs far more...

Good luck :-)

Thanks Brett. there is something weird here.  I did copy past the titles of your articles on Google and again on one was found.
      I think there is  something wrong here.  Why both yahoo and Google failed to find any of hub articles ?

1. Brett.Tesol profile image55
        Brett.Tesolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very strange! I just did the same thing and it found them.

Where are you based? Some countries have 'filters' on what Google is allowed to find locally. My hubs come up fine when I search for them in Google ... but, I'm in South Korea . . .

I was going to try a search for your hub, but seems you have deleted it? As it says 0 hubs now ...

I am in Montreal Canada, I didn't delete my hub.
          are you sure my hub about caffeine is deleted ?

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your hub was probably unpublished because it went against Hubpages ToS.

You need to visit the hub and read the warning message at the top.

Also, the quickest way to find out if a hub is indexed by Google is to copy and paste the URL straight into Google and see if the page comes up. If it does, it's in Google.

thanks
              my article was published but when I posted this question the member WriteAngled has apparently flagged my article and she knows that I did not plagiarize it , and now my article is awaiting the moderator decision.
              My goal here is just to practice English but some people are not kind.

A hub cannot be unpublished just because someone flagged it.

The only way it can be unpublished is if the monitoring system picks up something against ToS OR a staff member unpublishes it.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
              Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just did that Wry ,with one of my hubs and its No.1 !!!!  on Goggle- does a lil happy dance.

Ohh wow ,thanks for the tip on searching smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

If you put the exact URL in to search, it SHOULD come up first!

1. shogan profile image76
                  shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't usually write things like "lol," but what the heck...lol.

2. WryLilt profile image87

Eaglekiwi, Izzy is right. Since it's trying to give you the best match possible, it will match the exact URL. No one is going to type the exact URL of your hub into Google to find it.

You want your hub to rank well for keywords - for instance you want a hub on chicken soup to rank high when people Google "Chicken Soup."

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Oh yea ,kinda figured that after lol ,thank you both smile

Did it the other way ,y'know goggled blah blah ,and one of my hubs did appear on the 2nd pages...

So Ive patched up my burst bubble j/k lol

Psst Wry how are you and bubby doin? over the yuk morning sickeness crap?

Stay well smile

Good job on page 2! Just remember that if no one is Googling that term you won't get traffic for it... and Google may also change results based on your location and previous search history. You can try a site like Scroogle to check exact results.

And baby is fine - me not so much. Still throwing up heaps.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

As WriteAngled said, the whole of the hub appeared elsewhere. HubPages does not allow you to post something that has been posted somewhere else.

I will repeat her post:

"You duplicated the whole of the hub on Yahoo answers. Duplicate content is not permitted on HubPages."

HubPages would unpublish it as soon as their filters figured it out.

7. seanorjohn profile image70
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

Wow, how quickly it all ends in tears. Libel, sexual harasment and possible court action. You gotta give the guy some credit for at least posting in the correct forum. He sure needs help now.

8. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't even know how to retouch a photograph in Photoshop or by any other means!

I have never considered myself beautiful or even pretty. I simply think it is preferable to have a photo than a blank with a profile.

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

This whole pathetic thread is MOOT!

The original person posting the OP doesn't have a published hub. So, the post itself is MOOT!

HP is NOT a practicing English site. It could help someone practice writing in English, but that is certainly not it's purpose.

Ah but at the time of posting the thread he DID have an article.  So although it might now be moot in that respect, as the article has sadly passed away, there seem to be other areas he wants to explore.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

roll

Just out of curiosity (since this thread seems to have faded in its intent, anyway), I often wonder what that emoticon means.  What does it mean?

In the edit format facility there are a number of these amusing emotional icons.  The one used above means "rolleyes" although it's eyes do not actually roll.

Ah...it doesn't look like its purpose.  I still sometimes don't get why it's used when it's used, however.  Often, I don't notice anything to prompt an eye roll when it's used.

(all right...first wise guy out there, go ahead and give me the eye roll)

Well, it's a sarcastic shorthand in order to undermine a previous posting.  Short and to the point I guess.  A fairly common tactic in forum banter / foreplay - call it what you will.

It won't be the last time I see it that's for sure.

Here you go. :rolleyes

Oo - that's empowering. Oh no it's not - it didn't work.

Naturally, I've noticed that Cagsil uses it a lot.  I guess he didn't like your previous post, though "foreplay" sure makes it sound like he did.

And there was me thinking it was like his autograph.  The rolly eye person.

Enough of this forum stuff.  I told myself not to do it on here.  HP is for writing and earning - not playing silly little forum games.

Fun though.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

lol laugh out loud

roflmao rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

wink

2. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It means to roll one's eyes at stupidity in motion. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)