Are you in the right career path or you hate your career you stuck in?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. moiponetsoka profile image63
    moiponetsokaposted 11 years ago

well all grow up wanting to be something i grew up dreaming of being an Air Hostess because i found it very interesting but studied Hotel Management instead. i am in love with photography but my family is not supportive.

So are you in the right career or where you forced to study for a field you were not interested in?
    If you hate your job what would you rather be doing right now if given the chance to change your career.

1. eatforcheaper profile image61
      eatforcheaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

moiponetsokaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

wish you all the best in you journey of finding what makes you happy.

2. CJWood71 profile image83
        CJWood71posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had great dreams for my future when I was in school, but at the moment I feel stuck in a deadend job with no real future.  It pays the bills for now, but I know the future is very limited where I work right now.

I do not let it get me down because for the first time in my life I am actually going after my dreams.  It takes awhile to change your entire life, but I am heading in the right direction.  I only wish I had do this years ago.

2. iefox5 profile image58
      iefox5posted 11 years ago

Peers are nice guys and it is a great pleasure to work with them smile

moiponetsokaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thats really wonderful wish i was you enjoying work and co workers

3. MelChi profile image77
      MelChiposted 11 years ago

I didn't know what I wanted to do when I left school and studied Small Business Management and Interior Decorating. I've worked in retail, IT, recruitment, catering, as an Au Pair and had my own home business! I think I've had so many jobs because I was trying to find what I wanted to do. Now that I know what I want to do for the rest of my life, I just need to get things in place, do my research and plan properly. I think people realize what they want to do at different stages in their lives. Unfortunately, not all of us know immediately after school what we're supposed to be doing. It's sort of like a hit and miss situation with most I think.

4. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image60
      Sphinxs Sanctumposted 11 years ago

I currently Detest my job.  As I was growing up, I was told to learn to type, learn about computers and go find some nice doctor or lawyer to work for.  I was Never told go 'Be' that Doctor or Lawyer!  My childhood was very unbalanced and unguided with a pinch of turbulence thrown in for good measure.  This left me little time to ponder what I'd truly like to make of my life.  I knew that I enjoyed traveling almost more than any other thing I'd done.  My Grandmother and I would travel each summer together.  We went 1,000 miles north to the state where she was born and raised, to see her family.  Some of the best times of my life, to this day, were had during those road-trips.  So, I thought it would be wonderful to be a 'Trucker'; a female trucker.  I thought those rigs were the most beautiful works of art and I wanted to control all that power, traverse the countryside, meet new people and make money to boot.  Well, that never happened, as my Grandfather, who was the only father I'd ever known, said, "No Way!"  Now, my health would prevent me from even trying it. 
      Life's surprises and disappointments kept me from fulfilling any educational goals so I bounced from job to job starting out working in attorney offices doing reception or a bit of accounting.  I've worked in construction companies under many different titles and dispatched for a few of the companies.  I've worked in call-centers, sales and data-entry; none of which I found a good fit or enjoyable.  In my late twenties, I decided I'd go back to square-one and try to find out what made me happy.  My answer was Animals!  My big problem however, was that I'd developed many health problems, early in life, which makes it difficult to work at all, let alone with large, squirming, difficult and sometimes aggressive animals.  I began in a large animal retail store and then was hired from there to work in a veterinary office; one I had applied to many times in my teens.  I have worked there for 6 year but only part-time due to my health issues.  I'm so very dissatisfied because I wanted to return to school and become certified to work as a surgical technician for domestic and exotic animals.  Instead of this, I'm stuck in the front office where sure, I have contact with all the animals, I learn something every time I'm there and if they need an extra pair of hands in treatment, I'm called upon.  But, it's nowhere close to where I want to be.  I despise my job and am finding it quite difficult to force myself to get out of bed to go there.  My health isn't improving and without education, I'm stuck.  I can't afford not to work but I don't have the energy to work and go to school.  Looks like I'll either have to suck-it-up and learn to enjoy my current job or go into a new field, completely.

5. MelChi profile image77
      MelChiposted 11 years ago

I don't really enjoy my current day job, but for now, it pays the bills. However, I am looking at changing this scenario very soon. Life is too short to be wasting every day of your life doing something that you don't like, get stressed about or resent. Sure, you can try and separate home life and work life as much as you want to, but eventually at one point or another your home/family life will suffer, or your work productivity will decrease - you might even become depressed, or even have a nervous breakdown. In my opinion, that's not worth all the money in the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)