Brain Freeze - What To Write About
Stuck For Ideas
No, I'm not talking about the type of brain freeze you get when you eat ice cream too fast. I'm talking about the frustration of knowing there are endless topics to write about, and you can't come up with one single thing to get started on.
You may have yourself on a self-imposed deadline, or you may have a goal set that you're feeling pressure on reaching, but, what ever the reason, it is a huge frustration to sit and stare out the window and not have one single thread of an idea come to your mind. I find that this happens the most when I have a whole day to myself, intentionally set aside to do nothing but write, when I have the most problems. I have syked myself into inactivity. Too often, I end up putting off the writing that I so enjoy, to do the dishes real quick, or vacuum first, in hopes that something will come to my mind that will get the keys typing. And, I also know that once I get that first sentence down, I am off and running with an article spit out in no time flat.
Now, I do know that once in a while, I have to force myself to take a day off. I so enjoy writing, and besides other projects, I find writing for Hubpages not only a joy because I can write short pieces on a vairety of topics, but I have the potential to make a few bucks while doing so. When I have more than one day of struggling with writer's block, I find that getting totally away from it for even one day, brings me back full of enthusiasm and ideas.
Writer's block is a well-traveled subject, and there are numerous articles written about it, but here are some things that have worked well for me. . .
Spark An Idea For What To Write Your Next Hub About
Every day that goes by brings a host of ideas for writing - keep that notepad handy during the day for even a tidbit of an idea, as these often branch out into a long list of potential hubs.
- That first cup of coffee - coffee blends, uses for coffee grounds
- Shower - product hub on shower gels, body lotions, tub cleansers
- Breakfast - recipes, bed and breakfasts, breakfast in bed
- Appearance - makeup tips, aluminum in deodorants, fashions tips
- Cat throws up on carpet - hairballs, cat illnesses, anger management
- Car has flat tire - how to change a tire, AAA, shopping for new tires
- Vehicle - car reviews, top-picked car colors, care of leather seats, car stereos
- Slow computer - computer reviews, how to clean out old data, shopping for self
- Aches and stiffness - Workstation stretches, walking plans, dog leashes, pain medication
- Background noise while working - favorite band review, how to stop barking dogs, the beauty of silence
- Phone interruptions - family interactions, gossip girls, cell phone service reviews
- Toothache - sources of tooth pain, teeth whiteners, how to choose a dentist
- Need groceries - how to utilize coupons, organic foods, dinner ideas
- Public Interaction - rude people, learning a new language, pajamas in public
- Movie night - home pizza recipes, movie reviews, how to set-up Netflix, theaters and lice
- Bedtime - insomnia, nightlights, cures for snoring, bathrobes
Writing For Hubpages - Neverending Ideas
Hubpages is a writer's dream for many of us who enjoy putting down words. The ability to share a poem, or an opinion, or a review on products for possible income . . . the possibilities are huge. There are some who don't want to deal with a website of their own, who love being able to design with words and pictures, a page that shares and inspires others, without having to learn how to insert, and implement html, and download. Others use hubpages as a lead to their web pages, and know the more they share the knowledge of their niche, the more traffic they'll get to their blog or website.
Use your daily life, and the news of the day, to bring ideas to your pages. Write what you know, learn about what you don't know, and take a break when your mind and body tell you that you need to. We all look forward to what you have to say next!
Sign up with HubPages and start writing and earning!
- Writing Hubs For Fun, Profit... And Death Threats
Note to the prepubescents posting death threats against me on a public forum. You tweenie punks have got me SOOOOOOoooooo scared. NOT! Oh, BTW, I've got your IP and the number of the police. :)
- How to Make Money Writing Hubs At HubPages
In the last eighteen months I have received a number of emails from hubbers asking me questions like how much money do you make, how much money can I make, how long will it be before I make...