How to Clean Up Your Blog to Improve Traffic
Broom & Dustpan For Cleaning
Introduction to Bloggers and Hubbers
Hi. If you are a blogger or a member of Hubpages, then you probably already know how important it is to optimize your online content for traffic.
More traffic means that you have a greater potential for earnings, but that you reach more readers.
You may already have a system in place on the front end to attract more traffic.
- Be a niche writer - niche writers have an advantage over other writers because they focus their content on a specific area. Then, when readers are done with one article, they naturally "spill over" into other articles that look interesting in the same field. If you have a desire to write on other subjects, then it is recommended to start a different blog or account to cover a different niche.
- Write Evergreen content - Evergreen content is specifically designed to stay relevant over long periods of time, however, Evergreen content can become extinct (for more on this read: How Evergreen Content Becomes Extinct)
- Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - seasoned blog and Hub writers already know the importance of keyword density, as well as the special techniques used for search engines to rank your blog.
- Promote on Social Networking sites - self promotion is an easy way to get extra traffic up front before the blog or Hub is pinged by search engines.
Front-end techniques are a great way to get your blog post or Hub off the ground, but these techniques do not neccessarily sustain traffic.
That is why you need to understand the importance of updating already existing content so that it is up-to-date and still relevant.
Continue reading to learn why you need to clean up your content.
Why Clean Up?
Why would a smart person like yourself want to clean up their already existing content?
That is a great question!
Once you log in to Hubpages, click on Account. You can see how much you have earned so far for the month, but you can also see which Hubs are featured.
Hubs with an open circle are not quite up to the quality of Hubs that get search engine traffic.
Hubs with a circle that is half black and half white need to be optimized so they are more engaging to readers.
Two Big Reasons to Clean Up Your Existing Content Online
So, a smart person like yourself should desire to have as many "featured" Hubs as possible, so search engine traffic and earnings are maximized. This is why Bloggers and Hubpages members should want to clean up already existing Hubs on Hubpages.
But that's not all. This concept of cleaning up your Hubs is also applicable to personal blogs and websites as well. You can always stand to improve existing content because information either becomes outdated or new information becomes available.
If you don't have the most recent information on your Hub, blog, or website, then you will lose traffic and earnings. It is that simple.
Online Content Poll
Does Your Online Content Need Updating?
Z.Love's Entertainment Blog
My Blog for Reference
I constantly update my blog (found here) to keep it relevant and up-to-date.
A Blog "On the Bubble" is Destined for Traffic Trouble
A blog "on the bubble" refers to a blog or Hub that is on the brink of extinction. It has seen its glory days, and is on the way downhill in terms of traffic.
If you are closely watching your blog traffic, then you will be able to identify blog posts and Hubs that are "on the bubble."
Blogs posts and Hubs that are getting little to no traffic should be edited first. Add up-to-date information, add new pictures if necessary, and make sure you have quality content. Then, you should examine the posts and Hubs that are "on the bubble."
Many times, the online writer will revisit an old post or Hubs and read it and think: "What was I thinking when I wrote this?"
That is because as we learn more about online writing, we start to incorporate new techniques that are vital to writing success. You may discover that your older blog posts are sorely needing an update to become relevant again.
We all know what happens to bubbles. Don't let this happen to your blog or Hub. Protect your content from bursting by cleaning them up with fresh information.
Clocks Keeping Time
Online Writing Takes Time
Online writing should be fun and enjoyable. Once you learn techniques to create the best content you can, you will see traffic increase.
Everyone has to learn on their own, and it takes time to improve and hone your skills.
Most importantly, don't give up. If you give up, you can't continue to learn and grow as a writer.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Relevant Hubs to Read
- How to Write Articles Without Getting Burnt Out
Advice for the freelance writer that writes a lot of articles. Find out how to keep from getting writer's block and getting burnt out. The reality is, it happens, and it can be a real drag.
- Blog Tip: Link-Building at Ground Zero
Blog writers go through a process called “link-building” to increase the visibility of their blog, which in turn increases traffic to the blog. Master this, and you will have a money-making blog.