- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
How to Make Money at Hubpages with Referral Trackers
Αs my 110th hub, I have decided to write something for my fellow hubbers.
I realize that I am still new and stumbling around this site, but I have a hunch that many of my fellow hubbers are still stumbling around too.
I sincerely hope that this hub is helpful for beginners, and possibly even seasoned hub writers.
If you are not a member of the Hubpages team yet click hubzz and sign up ASAP. This site is positively the best way to earn decent money quickly as an online writer, and generate traffic to your blog.
Don't Do All the Work Yourself
Things that are finally starting to sink in:
Remember the story of Scottish Immigrant Andrew Carnegie? Born into extreme poverty, he evolved into a multimillionaire, with a nickname of the "Steel King", yet he knew little about the manufacturing of steel. Instead he had hundreds of men working for him who were practically walking encyclopedias, and knew just about everything under the sun about the manufacturing of steel.
Imagine yourself as the Andrew Carnegie of Hubpages. Even if you are not a great writer, and you have no intention of writing a lot, you can still command a decent passive income, as long you have talent, as Carnegie had, working under you.
Its a numbers game. You will see many profiles here where someone signed up, and never published one hub. You will get some of those when you start using your tracker, but you will also have some stars drawing an impressive revenue.
If you have never used a referral tracker, now is the time to start benefiting from it, and receiving that AdSense Cheque a lot quicker.
FACT: You will earn 10% of ad impressions of those Hubs that are published by writers who signed under your referral tracker. That money is not taken out of the Hubber who signed up through you, it is a gift from Hubpages.
What is a Referral Tracker?
In case you are totally in the dark, here is a brief description of what I am talking about.
A referral is a code that is attached to an URL. I write it as simply as I can. For example, If I send you an e-mail that says, "join Hubpages by clicking hubzz." you will see that the word hubzz is a link to join Hubpages. It is also my tracker code, meaning that if a new signup clicks this link and joins as a writer, I will get 10% of the impressions that this newbie generates forever.
It is in our best interest to use those trackers a lot more than most of us probably are doing.
Create A Referral Tracker
- From your account page, click EARNINGS. (You will find it towards the top right after the sequence, HUBS, Q&A, Profile, and then EARNINGS)
- Then at the bottom of the box at the left side of the screen, click REFERRAL TRACKERS
- You should see something like, 152rg7bg5qv0x. (yours will be a mix of different numbers & letters) This is the automatically generated code that Hubpages has made for you, and I strongly suggest you don't use it. My reasoning is that it looks strange, many people will be turned off by its appearance, and will not be interested in clicking on it.
- You will see a box below this that reads "Create a New Tracker," Type in a word as short (at least 3 characters) as possible that can easily be placed within your hubs, or on your profile. My experience has been that short words have the most success. You may wish to create a few, and experiment. You are allowed 20, and if someone has already taken the the token you want, you must come up with another one. Each token must be unique to you.
How to Use a Referral Tracker
- Instead of sending people a link of your Hub, send your tracker with it. They do not have to join to be profitable to you. Even if you send people a link of a friend's hub, you should be adding your tracker, rather than copying and pasting the URL.
- Simply directing someone to the Hubpages Home Page with your tracker as I just have here, will earn you up to 30% of impressions.
- Place your referral tracker in e-mails, on Facebook, and Twitter, whenever you post a link to your Hubs.
How to insert the Referral Tracker
After creating your tracker code, go to one of your Hubpages or your profile, and test it out. Since my tracker is hubzz, I will demonstrate with this code.
Hi-light the word and click the chain link as if you were going to create a back link. In the pop up box (where it says URL) type in, hubpages.com/_yourcode. Its that simple. But please do not use the word hubzz unless you just love me to death, because I would be the one gaining from your referral. Place your tracker code right where I typed in yourcode. Let me spell things out for those of you who hate computer techie stuff, and are confused by dashes and underscores, ect. Type in hubpages.com- not- http://hubpages.com, then type in a forward slash, like this /, followed by an underscore, _. hubpages.com/_yourcode.
Some Hubpages have a "share' icon at the bottom. To insert your tracker, and place on Twitter, simply click SHARE, and then click the "Link to this page" icon that looks like a paper clip. You will see the URL with your tracking code already inserted, and you can see that it is inserted just where I was telling you to put your custom code, however there is more writing after it because it represents a specific Hubpage. Just remember that its the same routine as above, but you will need to place another forward slash after your code. In this case you can simply copy and paste that URL, or if you just want it to be shorter, go ahead and replace the generic code with your custom one.
It is wise not to relay on this feature, because with the recent changes to Hubpages, it seems that some Hub designs do not have the "share" feature, and you will have to do it manually as explained above.
Hubs related to Beauty
- Disfigured Face, Facial Surgery, and Starting Over
Being maimed or disfigured can have a major impact on one's life. Leola Mae Harmon married the surgeon who restored her beauty, and Lauren Scruggs is making a full recovery due to her loving family and her faith in god. Katie Piper looks as good as e
- Chemical Peel Before and After. Benefits of Acid Peel
Chemical peels can rejuvenate your looks. Face peels can result in improved tightness, texture and pigmentation of the complexion. A TCA peel is a mild face peel that will give a rejuvenated overall look. phenol is very deep and can result in looking
- Plastic Surgery in the 1950s and Today,Rita Hayworth Before and After
Plastic surgery of the 1950's and today. Marilyn Monroe had an excellent nose job, and Rita Hayworth became a sensation after having electrolysis.
- Hollywood Murder; Lana Turner and Johnny Stompanato
Hollywood scandal, Lana turner's daughter Cheryl Crane stabbed Johnny Stompanato to death on good Friday in 1958. Stompanato had been threatening Lana turner's life and her daughter stabbed Johnny to protect her mother.
- Blood, & Money. The Strange Case of Dr. John Hill & Murder in Texas.
the strange case of Dr. John Hill and Joan Robinson Hill. John's affair with the thrice divorced Ann Kurth was the beginning of the end. Joan died suddenly in 1969 at age 38.
- Hollywood Scandal and Tragedy; Lou Tellegen
Lou Tellegen's story is perhaps the most tragic Hollywood story of all. He was a handsome matinee idol who was riding high on the crest of fame until his face was badly burned. He committed suicide by stabbing himself in the heart seven times with a
Link To All My Hubpages
- Skarlet on HubPages
Kim Harris (Skarlet) is a Nurse, Real Estate Professional, Vice President of TPN and Entrepreneur, with a broad education and many diverse business...