Online Writing and Where to Find Inspiration
Writing great Evergreen Hubs!
- Content that makes a great evergreen hub
When personal blogging or online writing for money, one should always consider writing Evergreen. Give your work the longest online presence possible, with these tips on content that lives long.
Online writing is a really great medium, only recently available. Online writing only gained popularity about 30-40 years ago, and it's really taken off! We can all take full advantage of being artistic and showing our work to the world like never before! Hubpages is a wonderful place, full of creativity, knowledge and the ability to be part of a community and communicate with people easily. But how do you create a new spin on a topic when almost every thought has already been written?
As an aside, I joined Hubpages about three years ago. At first, I didn't do anything with it. 8 months ago something made me log back in. Something urged me to really look Hubpages over and really set some time aside to focus on writing. I had already been journal writing since a young age. Surely I had something to offer. I cannot imagine the world without being literate and being blessed with functional hands to put creative thoughts on paper or online. I think life without these capabilities would be unbearable, dull, and depressing. Writing is a skill and an expression of art that I love! And if you're reading this, then that means it is for you too!
My first 8 months with my 2nd attempt at Hubpages was tough. It still is very challenging. My love for writing suddenly became additionally motivated by earning a passive income. I hear on Hubpages all the time about people making a few hundred dollars a month, and I can tell you as of today, 8 months into writing, I am not at that level. It took 8 months to hit payout, but once I did, I certainly had more momentum and motivation to write. Writing on Hubpages takes time, dedication, effort and above all, patience. This is not a "get rich quick" scheme, you won't procure thousands overnight. However, once I realized that this new found urgency to make money was causing me a considerable amount of grief and distracting me from what I came here to do in the first place...write from the heart. Write about what I know and have a passion for. Writer's block quickly set in. Writer's block stinks, and if you encounter it, you'll soon find yourself actively seeking data and input for inspiration and topics that motivate you to keep doing what you love-WRITING. So how do you find inspiration and stay motivated?
In this hub, you'll find suggestive locations and resources to find topics you'll want to write about at hubpages, in a book, or on a blog...
The first draft of anything is shit- Ernest Hemingway , so in short...if at first you don't succeed, try to try again! Keep moving, don't stop!
Let's discuss great things Hubpages has to offer
From my experience so far, Hubpages has very few downsides. You can write at your own pace and leisure and write about almost any topic (within their guidelines).
Benefits of writing for this great company and website;
- It's 100% free and you do not need a blog or personal website to get started
- You get to become part of a community, sharing, communicating, and being open to all kinds of new mental growth
- You get to find mentors and join apprenticeship programs to improve your skills
- You have the luxury to let out all your creative energy and knowledge
- You can join affiliate sites and programs for free and start earning a passive income
- You can work at your own pace, with zero time constraints
- Use referral trackers to generate even more income
- The site is extremely user-friendly. Great for sharing on social networks. You can add video content, links, photos, you name it.
Do you find yourself often stumped with ideas and topics to hub about?
25 Suggestions on where to Find Inspiration for Your Writing!
The inspiration for writers usually comes pretty naturally. I think most people that enjoy writing have creative, curious, open minds and actively seek out knowledge, beauty, and experience.
With that being said, finding inspiration is almost endless, but you may easily forget that when you've stumbled upon writer's block, but writer's block aside, there will always be times when we need additional inspiration.
- Pay attention to hobbies you already have; fantasies, inventions, nothing is off limits really. If you like to cook, write recipes. If you're handy with DIY projects and know how to fix things or love crafts (no matter how silly they may seem) share them with others.
- What have you gained from schooling, your profession, or trade? Write about what you already know. Health concerns, customer relations, PR, marketing, these are all huge topics that help enrich others lives.
- Do you love politics, sports, or other media topics? Write about them.
- Do you have children? Parenting is probably one of the biggest jobs anyone could ever have and people are constantly looking for ways to improve their family lives, find work/life balance, and help their kids. Write about that!
- Are you frugal, love finances, or even just love to save a few bucks? You're not alone. Share that information!
- Are you an animal lover? Topics are endless on Animal care just as they are with parenting and family issues.
- When you are out and about in life, notice what other people are talking about, what they gripe about, consider writing about making things easier for everyone. Global issues, even things you find fascinating about the weather, astronomy, gaming, gadgets, and technology.
- Pay attention to books, magazines, even talk show topics.
- Blogs, books, forums
- Conversations with friends and family
- Dreams you've had while sleeping
- Keep a writing journal, and consider joining a writing group
- Are you a member of marketing research companies? Do you like to write product reviews? Write about those as well.
- Change your routine, and notice what things you encounter by doing so
- Imagine life without certain senses or handicaps. Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a few hours and write about it.
- Above all, write about what makes you happy, this could even be poems or short stories.
Join Hubpages now!
If you love to write, you NEED to join Hubpages. This company is very straightforward, there are no gimmicks or schemes, no start-up costs, or hosting fees.
There is nothing that can hold you back but yourself. All you have to do is take the first step to changing your life.
I am certainly glad I did!
© 2013 Rebecca