Jesse Mugnier profile image 81

What makes my question end up on the 'Hot' list?

I like to ask questions, and so I do, often. I see my questions under the 'Hot' tab and wonder, what makes that question "hot" and some of my other questions not? Some of my questions will have a lot of answers, and never make the 'hot' list, while others have 1 or 2 answers and appear on the list. Does it have to do with catagory? Phrasing? I'm so baffled.

Sherry Hewins profile image95

Best Answer Sherry Hewins says

• Jesse Mugnier profile image

Jesse Mugnier 4 years ago

I agree with you, I think this is it. But shouldn't the hot questions be the ones with the most answers, page views and comments? I think that's how it should be. Thank you for answering!

nanderson500 profile image89

nanderson500 says

• Jesse Mugnier profile image

Jesse Mugnier 4 years ago

Thanks, I'd like to think that... Not sure though, I think there's more to it than that.

isenhower33 profile image78

Bobby Isenhower (isenhower33) says

• Jesse Mugnier profile image

Jesse Mugnier 4 years ago

Maybe. But my most popular question had 44 page views with 9 answers and still was not on the hot list... I just don't get it

dghbrh profile image66

deergha (dghbrh) says

• Jesse Mugnier profile image

Jesse Mugnier 4 years ago

Thank you. I hope we figure it out. I think Sherry Hewins has it right.