jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How do I know if 'pinging' is successful?

1. MayG profile image89
    MayGposted 5 years ago

Hi, after reading some hubs about pinging, I decided to ping some of my lower performing hubs (mainly book reviews) using Pingler, but as I watch them processing I see that next to RESULT there are all kinds of different messages as it scrolls along.  Sometimes it says "s" sometimes a "?".  Does anyone know what it means, or if I am doing something wrong?  I copy the URL for my hub exactly as it shows in the browser.  I'd appreciate any help as I'm not very savvy at this kind of thing.  Thanks!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

All pinging does is get search engines to crawl your content and index it. If it's already indexed, pinging won't achieve anything.

Are you aware of keywords and how to avoid saturated topics?

1. MayG profile image89
      MayGposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi WryLilt, Thanks for responding.  That makes sense!  Yes, I don't think that my topics are in danger of being saturated.  I just checked by googling book reviews for the books I've reviewed, and my reviews show up in the top 7 in most cases, so I suppose my problem is that not many people are looking for reviews on those books!

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you aware that Google displays results based on your location and previous search history? What's #7 for you could be #300 or #2 for someone else.

1. MayG profile image89
          MayGposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha!  No I didn't know that!  Thanks.  See, I told you I had a lot to learn!

working