Ping It! Help?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Okay, so there was a thread somewhere out there where I saw someone recommend "pinging" my hubs. I "pinged" one of them and the traffic has increased DRAMATICALLY. I want to ping my other hubs too, but I cannot find the website I did it on, nor can I find the thread where it was mentioned! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If you'd give me the link again, I'd be much obliged smile

1. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pani,

The websites are pingler dot com and pingomatic dot com.

I told the forum thread it works. You have also proven that. The idea of pinging means all those search engine bots finds your page and indexes them. I mean all search engines not just G Y and Bing.

1. profile image0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

2. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks...I just tried the pingomatic...

2. K Partin profile image60
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

pingler.com is a good one. smile

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

No clue, but I'll keep an eye on the thread, maybe learn something....

1. profile image0

Thanks, I've tried typing every version of the word "ping" followed by .com into my URL, but all that comes up is "This domain is for sale." big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

I'm hoping someone will stumble across this thread and know what I'm talking about big_smile

3. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I just don't see how these sites could help that much. Do all of the sites they ping for you automatically add a link to your site?

If so then your losing something there. You have no control over the Title, Description or Anchor text used to link back to your Hub. All three of these are key to effective SEO practices. You really do not want for many web sites to all be using the same big 3 I just listed. You want natural, closely related variations.

While it may make getting many links fast with little work easy, your defiantly giving something up in exchange in my opinion.

There is nothing like doing it all manually for the best possible results.

I will give them a try later to see. But I really am quite skeptical of how much this will help for Google rankings which is about all I care about unless the traffic is comparable to Google.

Am I missing something here, or is this how they work?

1. profile image0

To ping the hubs, I had to type the title, type the link, select a category for indexing, and enter a code at the bottom. I'm pretty sure you have full control over the three key factors for SEO practices.

And yes, they really work. After I pinged my first hub, I took a look at my traffic for that hub. It was at 25 views. Went to sleep for about 2 hours, came back and my views had already risen to 46. For the last two days, there has been a beautiful red arrow next to that hub and I am currently at 117 views.

Oh yes, pinging a hub is great. And did I mention my hub has risen to the 4th listed on the 1st page of Google when you type in the title of the hub? big_smile I am utterly pleased.

2. TerryGl profile image57

Well I really can't answer that as your profile says your knowledgeable in seo.

However, in my view, the pinging helps the various search engines to find your site. Pinging is not linking, a ping is alerting the sites you have new content and your asking them to come and have a look.

If you own a domain you might try seo.woothy dot com for some real serious page backlinks. Often PR6 and above. (If anyone has any questions then just send an email).

It's the old saying as I am sure you would know, write a page and build backlinks. Pinging is one way to do this.

It works, doesn't it Pani?

P.S. From an seo point of view ask yourself what does a sitemap do when all of those hundreds of search engine bots visit and read the xml. Enough said on that point.

4. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

It dooes work! I tried it, it's awesome!! big_smile Thanks Terry and Pani! smile

5. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I'm not saying this doesn't work, I'm just trying to figure out *how it works* more than anything.

I never did the blog thing. Ive heard of pings and know they relate to blogs, but I never really got the concept. Maybe I do a bit better now possibly. Seems I need to study "pinging" later.

It does look like most of the sites these services submit to are blogs or blog feed services.

Thanks I'll try out seo.woothy dot com later.

I never felt the need for a sitemap. I usually had no trouble getting my pages into the big three, Google, Yahoo and Bing. Just extra work unless you have a big web site imo.

6. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I wrote the guides on Pingler dot com.

Unfortunately I see Pinging services as another fad, which has some minor benefits, but should not become something you obsess over!

1. TerryGl profile image57

Maybe you could tell me if you wrote the guides, if the Premium service is worthwhile purchasing. If so can you also let me know the benefits of having the premium service.

Thanks, I look
      forward to your response.

7. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

When you write new hub then and only then you should ping your hubs using either-

pingler.com
    pingoat.com

but as pingler.com has more feed bots, it's better to use pingler.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't heard of this before so I went to pingler dot com and you have to pay $2 a month? or is it free to try?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Must be free for so many. I've sent a couple off. Let you know if it works!

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is free of cost. You can even add more feedbots into the list they've in textbox. Just scroll and you'll see textfield for entering your details. They just added 2$ ad for premium but they still do have free service on main page.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Thanks for that Skyfire smile

8. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 14 years ago

I figured it can't hurt to try it.  i submitted two of my hubs and will be interested to see how the traffic moves.

9. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I used a few of these when I started here but kinda gave up on them because they weren't doing much for me. I have to admit that when I look at my first hubs, I despair, I clearly had no idea what people would want to read. A few lucky hits with a topic and lots of reading later I see a huge improvement  my abilities here smile. I might just ping a few of the hubs that do well already, see if it gives em a shot in the arm. The ones that I found and have had open for months now on the dock! yikes are
    pingler
    mypagerank dot net
    bing
    ping45
    pingmyblog
    pingomatic

I found there were quite a lot to choose from last summer and those were all I could handle! Pages loading were so annoying!

10. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

It's good to have a list of your Hubs on file, Hub urls, join, etc., then all you have to do is copy and paste. smile just some thoughts.

11. Morrow66 profile image64
    Morrow66posted 13 years ago

Pinging is a very important thing to do tongue

12. lorlie6 profile image74
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

What timing!  I received an email from them just today.  I started with Pingler.com a couple of weeks ago and have not seen results.  Perhaps this is due to my new status as a computer user-1 year and self-taught-but I do want hubbers to know that customer service there is awesome.  I have been in touch with a rep named "Garo" and he has been incredibly helpful. 
    If you know what you're after, I'd recommend Pingler.com; as for me, computers 101. lol

1. adrienne2 profile image65
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hadn't heard of pingler will give it a whirl. I was using pinggoat but wasnt seeing much results.

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I tried Pingler.com for the first time. I was getting about 300-500 daily for page views. However, since I pinged via pingler I have watched my Hubs have a steady increase in traffic.

Does it transform to clicks? I finished yesterday with 16 clicks and that's using pingler only on half my hubs.

For yesterday and today- I am averaging about 800-900 page views.

So, I do not know about everyone else. But, to me it seems like it has helped. smile

That's my take on it. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)