jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Hub not published

1. kellyteam profile image59
    kellyteamposted 5 years ago

Hi. i just tried to publish a hub that I worked really hard on today and it was flagged for similar content elsewhere on the web. I read the learning center article pertaining to this but my question is how do I know how to rewrite if I don't know what is similar? I do have a lot of scripture from the bible in the article and wonder if this is the content that may be causing the problem? If so how can I correct that since the scriptures are important to my article?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I put the odds at 99% that that is indeed the problem.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Put the scriptures you are discussing into photo format. This will reduce your word count, but will mean that all your words are original, if the idea of quoting scriptures is indeed to discuss them.

kellyteamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually went back and tried just giving a synopsis of each scripture, removing the quote. should I still put into photo format before I try to publish and get blocked again?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You could just put the book and chapter/ verse number down and link to an online bible.

Oh! ok. that should work. I'll try that.

2. kellyteam profile image59

Hi MelissaBarrett. Thanks so much. The hub is published.

3. profile image61
      Atyqposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It happened the same case to me, but I contacted the hubpages team and they had add my article back.

1. ruby63 profile image59
        ruby63posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I got the same on my last hub I published.how can it be a duplicate when every word that is on there is my own,I did have a text that i removed that i used in another part of my hub but I deleted that part but they are still saying it is a duplicate but it is not.

2. mr-veg profile image61
    mr-vegposted 4 years ago

Sometimes the same words they can find in someone else article that would cause this, you can try re arranging your post or make it more unique by adding in few facts that doesn't show up easily on search engines. Keep trying and slowly you will surely succeed !!

working