jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Hub Violation Notice

1. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 5 years ago

One of my hubs, which is titled "We Should Be Reaching for the Stars" published on HubPages on Sept. 30, 2008, has all of a sudden received a "warning" of a violation for containing a link to a prohibited site. I have spent a lot of time trying to find the link with the violation but without success. I only have one link in the body of the hub and one youtube video. The warning does not identify the link that has the violations and I can't correct it if I don't know where the violation exists. In my comments, there are two links to other hubs from a commenter. I'm at a loss to know how to correct the violation. Can anyone help me out on this?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image90
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can write to the HubPages team and ask them which one it is. I had a similar problem, and was tearing my hair out. They were very willing to help me.

William F. Torpeyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Healthy Pursuits. I'll try that.

2. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have probably tried this, but on the off chance you have not, have you clicked "edit" to see if there is any notification at the top of the page?

Also, you state you only have one link in the body of the hub and a YouTube video.  I found a total of three links in the body of the hub, so you are missing two links there.  There are links to Brooklyn Museum, Sensation (Wikipedia) and The Hour Publishing.

Thank you, Dale. You've been very helpful. I appreciate it.

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome, William.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

In viewing mode the link is listed at the top in te black bar (you have to click on it) in edit mode it is n the right column (again, you have to click on it).  This will  tell you what the problem link is.

Thanks, psycheskinner. The black bar on top only gave me the HubPages help information but did not give the specific link. The right column, however, did indicate the link that HubPages designated as a violation. I have taken the link out of my hub and the warning has been eliminated from my hub -- but the symbol for violation remains alonside the title of my hub on the Statistics page. Will that disappear, too? I realize the subject of the hub is very delicate, but it is a subject that had widespread coverage by the press at the time. In my opinion, the link in question should not be banned as a violation. I would like to see HubPages review the link. Is that a possibility?

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

It's probably not so much that the link is a violation but could affect HP because it, the site where the link resides, may be doing 'risky' business. Oh, and yes, the violation symbol will disappear, usually after refresh smile if not, give it till next business day?

Thank you, Dame Scribe. I just checked the hub -- and the violation symbol has disappeared. I don't know anything about the site that the link came from, --  I'm a computer "dummie" when it comes to such things -- but the link made an important contribution to my hub. I remain distressed that it had to be deleted. I understand that the subject covered in the hub is controversial, but, as a writer, I can't help but feel that my readers have fallen victim to censorship I very much appreciate your help..

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I have had a lot of these warnings recent;y.  Sometimes they just go away again.  Often the links are to newspaper websites and other places I have trouble seeing as 'dangerous'.

That;s interesting, psycheskinner. Maybe I could restore the site to my hub? I would like to do that, but I don't know what HubPages would think about that. What if the warning reappears?

working