jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

New and overwhelmed and in awe

1. profile image0
    rgmg50posted 5 years ago

Hi
    I am new, have published my first hub, but now sort of lost. There as so many things to do, where to from here?

1. Shadesbreath profile image85
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Keep writing. Read hubs to get new ideas for layout. Just relax, take a breath, and have fun. Oh, and write more hubs. smile

Welcome to HP

1. profile image0
        rgmg50posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant, that made me smile. Ok so keep writing I know where and how, any suggestions of hubs to read? Ok maybe unfair question

Well everything I write is genius, so you can never go wrong with mine. big_smile After that, however, then it's just a matter of your taste. Poke around through the different "topics" under the Explore tab at the top of the screen. Surely you'll see stuff of interest.

1. profile image0

Will have to read your stuff, being genius and all - surely you don't have any competition in the genius division

Oh no, I stand alone. Not even on the shoulders of giants. Those other geniuses, Plato, Socrates, that guy who got ripped off by Edison... those guys got nothing on me. Why, if there were a scale upon which genius could be weighed, I'd be the guy the fitness experts were trying to get to sign up for a gym membership.

1. profile image0

Well, I am in awe that such a giant genius humbled / hubbled down to my level

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image90
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Welcome!
      I know what you mean. But just keep writing. If you write and you read other hubs, you'll gradually pick up tips. I'd also highly recommend reading the learning center content, and HubPages announcements. The most  frequent forum posts seem to be about religion and social issues. I learned (and continue to learn) the most from the "need help", "tutorials and community"  and "technology" forums.

1. profile image0

Thanks this is very helpful. Will keep on writing and will definitely follow your advise

2. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

Welcome. You have a great score of 74 even though you only joined 3 days ago. Be careful reading shadesbreath hubs. I may be wrong but I believe this could be a grey area. There is something shades of grey about that name and that wicked looking stick on his avatar - well say no more.

Best of luck and for stimulating and lighthearted fun visit the religious forums. Sorry I meant the hubbers hangout.

1. profile image0

I see that wicked looking stick, scary - but did you see those enormous brains on his avatar- maybe grey area is good

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Welcome to the site! Please let us all know how we can help answer questions.  If you haven't checked out the Learning Center, it's a great resource.  The FAQs are helpful, too.  They're available in the drop-down menu when you click on your name. 

You can also search for hubs about writing on the site - many Hubbers have written tips on how to succeed, how to increase Google rankings, increasing traffic and other helpful topics.  I agreem though, it is a bit overwhelming at first!

Best of luck, and Happy Hubbing!

1. profile image0

Wonderful, will do so. Thank you, will definitely read about the writing tips etc.

working