jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Writing a title for my new hub

1. Donna Suthard profile image81
    Donna Suthardposted 5 years ago

I've been away for awhile, am trying to set up a new hub, but have tried numerous times, to set up the hub with title etc.. it doesn't seem to be working, maybe things have changed, since I was last here...
    What are the guidelines now?

1. Dale Hyde profile image89
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure what problem you may be encountering or what changes you are seeing.

Overall, I just type in my title and then it will create a URL for the words I type in.

Perhaps if you could me more specific maybe we could narrow down what the problem may be.

I am sure you know of the below link, but I thought I would throw it in just in case. smile

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/title-category-tags

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have this problem once in awhile and the way I resolve it is to read my article carefully and think about what it is I'm really trying to say.  Sometimes the removal of just one sentence or paragraph focuses the article and lets me know exactly how I should title it.

3. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Donna,

Look for my hub on the Title/URL problem, that might help. Basically, put in something besides the actual title you want into the title field, like the date and a couple of keywords. That's very unlikely to be a duplicate of anything else on HP. Then you can always change the title later (the original URL will not change though).

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

I haven't run into this problem before, so I don't know if any error messages are displayed. However, I've seen posts in the forum where people can't enter a title because it's already been used. I know you'd have a different URL than another hubber would have, but you might try changing your title slightly to see if that works. Or you could search on your title in HP to see if it's already there.

Another problem might be that your topic is already saturated in HP. Again, I don't know if you'd get any error messages if that was the problem.

3. Donna Suthard profile image81

No matter how I write the setup, everything disappears, as soon as I hit continue..I'm writing a personal story about my friend....and no one knows him here...
    Thank you for your help....

4. Donna Suthard profile image81

Thank you, I will try this link...

5. Donna Suthard profile image81

Thank you all for your suggestions!  I really appreciate this..

working