jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon capsule products changing

1. galleryofgrace profile image80
    galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago

I just got my first ever notice that I had an unrelated product in a hub. When I checked- it was the Amazon capsule. Amazon had changed the product. I would NEVER have put that product in my hub.They seem to be changing products and gearing them to Halloween. Guess this means i have to go through all my hubs and make sure the products still match or does someone know of an easier way?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When I am unsure of what will come up, I choose specific products, rather than using keywords. Did you do that? Or are you saying that you had specific product numbers and the product was still changed?

1. galleryofgrace profile image80
        galleryofgraceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I always choose keywords and check the product before publishing. I've gone through about one third of my hubs  so far and had to fix a few. No I didn't use product numbers, maybe I shoudl.

When I write a hub and I'd like a specific book or product to be displayed, I always choose the product ID rather than the keyword. Sometimes I don't care if it's that specific, but most of the time I do.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
            Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I always choose specific things too. But I haven't made any money at all on Amazon this year. I thought HP was supposed to get a preferred rate status, but it seems we are being ignored. I don't write product hubs much though, so am not an expert by any means. People who write on Wizzley seem happier with their Amazon capsules there. You can find products with keywords or ISBN numbers, but they have "buy it" buttons, and more bells and whistles to bring attention to what you want to sell. Best wishes.

Thanks for the info. I don't write product hubs, either. I get some action from Amazon, but barely. If my action was a living being, it would have a pulse, but be unconscious. smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I always choose specific products. I think I have a better chance at choosing tempting items than a bot does. For example, if I'm writing a soup recipe and want to drop in an Amazon ad for a soup pot, I go in and take a quick look around at what exactly they offer. Then I'll put the items in that I think have the most appeal to the most people. Sometimes I might chose a product for it's popular brand name, sometimes I'll choose something that looks like a terrific deal or that has free shipping. You can also sort search results by popularity; often I'll list the one or two most-ordered items in a category.

In decorating articles, I look through Amazon items and choose those that are simply gorgeous or in trendy colors or patterns.

Amazon offers so much stuff for sale... IMHO if you don't specify exactly what products you want to offer, you just never know what you'll end up with.

working