Hi fellow Hubbers,
I just started on Hubpages, so I'm not complaining about my lack of followers or anything. I'm just curious. How can I get more followers on Hubpages? Any tips from you veterans? I'd appreciate help you guys can give! Thanks bunches.
1. Read other people's hubs and comment in a REAL and GENUINE way (the old, you reap what you sow thing.)
2. Participate in the forums. You'll find people who seem like-minded to read, and you will find people, hopefully, who challenge your ideas in interesting and intelligent ways to read as well.
3. Write hubs, make them good. People won't follow you if your work is slapdash, spammy, or boring.
4. Don't worry about followers. Followers are the outcome of doing good work and being genuine. Stay true to who you are and, assuming you are not some lame self-promoting Internet scammer, people will naturally find you in that "birds of a feather flock together" sort of way that happens in time. If you TRY to get followers, as in, be all aware of it all the time and go out trying to make it happen like it's a game and you want your score to go up, well, it will backfire. You'll get those worthless "I'll follow you if you follow me" people and neither of you will read each other's work, though at first you, being new, might try to do it just to be nice. You'll soon discover why they resort to that tactic once you see their hubs, and you won't be able to stand it for long. Then, you'll unfollow them so their stuff isn't gumming up your inbox, only to discover that (if you get one of the really weird ones) they are so conscious of their followers that they know you left, and they'll start hounding you as to why. (Don't be one of those guys either, obviously.)
5. Be patient. Follow people you like. Don't expect to be followed back. It doesn't work like that. You don't expect your favorite news paper columnist or novelist to follow your work do you, just because you like hers? Just be real and have fun writing. The rest will come.
Ive already noticed that making sure you have at least a good summary and tags help out a lot. Plus a lot of mine comes from my other social sites. If you message me i'll explain a little more
I don't think I could say it better than Shadesbreath.
One little thing to add is to be positive. Being positive and encouraging to others, people in Hubpages want to be around those that are positive, uplifting, and encouraging.
Just write good stuff. Read other people's hub. Comment others, follow others, and keep yourself indulged in all the Hubtivities. People will start following you..
And yes, have patience!
I find that followers appear from all over the place once you start writing hubs that are genuine, have quality content and are positive. Hard core followers tend to share a love of subject and will faithfully comment on new hubs regardless of your own responses to their hubs. If I read a great hub on a topic I love and the author's profile is interesting enough to raise my eyebrows I'll more than likely follow them. I don't expect to be followed by return but that does sometimes happen!
I also just started hub, I found that you just have to be out there, talk to people, comment and read others---do one to others as you would want to you!! Good luck I hope you (and I)make new followers. Cheers and good writtings to you!!
by CZCZCZ4 years ago
Whats best strategy to get more followers on hubpages?
by jonno964 years ago
How to get more followers on hubpages?
by kapde14 years ago
How to get more followers on hubpages?What is the benefit of having more followers? Having more followers increase views of hubs or there is any other benefit? If yes, then how can one increase followers?
by Derrick Bennett4 years ago
How to get more followers on hubpages
by SHAR NOR5 years ago
What is the best way to get More followers on Hubpages?I comment on the different Hubs and as well follow others, ask and answer questions and get involved in many others. But why no followers?
by Sally Gulbrandsen5 months ago
Have you noticed that the high earners on HubPages appear to follow very few writers themselves?Could it be said then, that it is more important to have a following than it is to follow back other writers and Are...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.