Whats best strategy to get more followers on hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (43 posts)
  1. CZCZCZ profile image89
    CZCZCZposted 12 years ago

Whats best strategy to get more followers on hubpages?

2. Jlbowden profile image85
    Jlbowdenposted 12 years ago

Hi, How are you?

I do not think that there is any real strategy in getting more followers on hubpages. However sometimes, if you have a genuine interest in other hubbers articles, you can follow them. And in turn they may follow you back, or you can hope that they may do so. Also participating within the forums or making comments on others work, can gain you followers in addition. You may both share something in common with your writing, within the same universe, so to speak. I hope this helps you somewhat, and good luck.

Jlbowden

3. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 12 years ago

Answering questions, being active in forums and following others are the best strategies here. When you follow others, leave a fan mail with a witty message. Then read their hubs which interest you, leave comments in 2-3 hubs complementing and asking them about the hub. Soon you'll find flock of followers. All the best!!

4. ankandhk profile image75
    ankandhkposted 12 years ago

You have to do many things combining here:-
    1. Comment on others hubs
    2. follow others so they may follow you
    3. write good hub and select appropriate niche
    4. set up your profile nicely
    5. link your hubs with others hub
    6. answer on questions
    7. let others to comment on your hub
    8. make your hubs complete
    9. visit forum and support there
    10. use SEO...........etc.

1. Melinda Longoria profile image67
      Melinda Longoriaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

5) How do you link with others hubs?

10) What is SEO?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

The best way to get more followers is to write quality content that people will want to read. A way to get people on HubPages to read your hubs is to get to know people in the forum by participating; they will then most likely check out your profile.

6. QuackQuackWriter profile image61
    QuackQuackWriterposted 12 years ago

You shouldn't think to get more followers,because it will not recognize you as  a writer,you will be recognized as a strategist.

7. sangre profile image92
    sangreposted 12 years ago

Well like any community, you need to get out there and participate in events. There are a lot of hubbers here and unless you check out hubs, forums or feeds and leave comments on a hub you really like no one will know you here. Make your presence known.:-)

8. whoisbid profile image61
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

I am not really interested in followers and I liked the old Youtube idea of having a separation between friends and subscribers but it looks like they are going to give that up in Cosmic Panda. Back to Hubpages .. Hmm! I think that I would like more people to find my Hubs using Google than visitors internally because the Google search audience is the world of the internet and much much larger than the HubPages network

9. Nettips profile image59
    Nettipsposted 12 years ago

Your overall strategy should include participating heavily in the community.  In my opinion, writing high quality hubs is the best thing that you can do.

Leaving detailed and insightful comments on other people hubs is another way to gain followers.

10. ladyhowto4u profile image65
    ladyhowto4uposted 12 years ago

Write good quality hubs, and you may receive followers.  Also try to follow someone who follows you. However, sometimes, it all depends on the topic of your hub, so whatever you write about, try to keep the reader's interest!   That being said, I agree with one of the posters who states that it's important to get interest outside of the Hub community as well, if you can. Thanks for your question!

--ladyhowto4u

11. VENZKHVAM profile image60
    VENZKHVAMposted 12 years ago

yeah there is a best strategy is to  daily atleast visit your favourite hubs from people having big followers and give good comments on that and once done then share that with your follwers and also answer 10 questions on daily basis this two things if you follow will give you increase more hubpage followers.Plus you should create 3-5 very good unique hub of yourself and engage into good discussion forum in the comment column this much you do will take care of itself.

12. Subdomain mom profile image61
    Subdomain momposted 12 years ago

In any area of writing and wanting people to read, you need something that people WANT to read. You also need to be sociable and when possible, helpful also.

13. bangla-news profile image40
    bangla-newsposted 12 years ago

I think writing hubs based on the interest of readers is the best strategy to attract more followers on hubpages.

14. Kawaljit kaur profile image67
    Kawaljit kaurposted 12 years ago

The best way is, to be sincere with your writing. You should be focused on your topic and should be fully aware what you want to present. At the end, make out the conclusion and see does it justify the topic.

Follow other hubbers, only then they will be following you and of and on read your hubs.

Give your sincere comments because a sincere comment is an asset for a sincere writer.

15. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 12 years ago

The best strategy is to rub peanut butter all over yourself and see who wants to follow you!

LoL

16. profile image54
    RyanAnthony212posted 12 years ago

You ask your fellow Hubbers How to get more followers! Congrats! I just followed you!

17. jasenpages profile image60
    jasenpagesposted 12 years ago

Writing quality hubs, and quality comments on other hubs. Contributing to the forums are also another great way of finding followers. Don't follow other hubbers in hope that they follow you back, follow other hubbers because you like the hubs they write.

18. trecords0 profile image61
    trecords0posted 12 years ago

Writing quality hubs is a standard answer and doing just what I'm doing now, commenting on topics and participating in the community are all good ways to get followers.

19. Peanutritious profile image59
    Peanutritiousposted 12 years ago

I'm glad you asked this as I was wondering too! I've not been on here long. It's such a great feeling when you have a comment about a hub. I'll follow you, will you follow me?!

20. louistoth profile image60
    louistothposted 12 years ago

Nice suggestion but I don't understand how to link my hubs with others hub?

21. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 12 years ago

I would say just write what you are passionate about and people will begin to follow you.  A well written hub says it all.  I started reading some of the other hubs as sometimes I am confused too as to how to get more people following me.  I've only been on for about six r seven months.  There are still things  I need to learn.
    Just have fun with it and visit other peoples hubs a lot and follow other people too.  Comment often.  That helps

22. Iggy Falcone profile image61
    Iggy Falconeposted 12 years ago

Quality hubs and being a part of the Hubpages community. Like answering questions.

23. dui profile image60
    duiposted 12 years ago

I do not know either, but try to create more content, perhaps it can get readers attention to read your hubpage smile

24. dtacker profile image61
    dtackerposted 12 years ago

I think the simple answer is to make great hubs. If people see that you have hubs with high scores and that they are informative and useful, for sure you'll gain more followers.

25. stephaniedas profile image71
    stephaniedasposted 12 years ago

I've found that answering questions and participating in the community by leaving comments is a good way to get a lot of followers.

Also, writing good-quality hubs that you care about. I tried writing a few "hot topic" hubs to get traffic, and those hubs have not gotten much. I find that when I write about things I care about, the overall quality is much better and people give me a lot more feedback.

26. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

Read others hub and leave a comment, just wait and they will read your hubs and follow you too

27. kindlefire profile image61
    kindlefireposted 12 years ago

I am a firm believer in quality content. All it takes is for one single person to find your article great and for it to get posted everywhere. Without quality content, no one will even think twice about your article. Get the writing down and the rest will come.

28. davidparklg profile image60
    davidparklgposted 12 years ago

I joined hubpages three weeks now and I keep on following hubbers. They also follow me in return.

29. thelyricwriter profile image80
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

I believe you have to give to receive. Read articles and connect to those who are similar. Be respectful and comment. The more fans you connect with, the more views you will get. When others relate to your subjects, views increase also.

30. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 12 years ago

Well in my short time at hub pages i have seen people here are fond of reading good content , so if we write quality content and also appreciate it which others have written then we may end up making lot of friends in here and followers as well

31. doodlebugs profile image91
    doodlebugsposted 12 years ago

Writing interesting Hubs is the first part of a good strategy for getting more followers. Participating in all levels of the Hubpages community, from forums to commenting, answers, etc. is another.

32. JenJen0703 profile image79
    JenJen0703posted 12 years ago

I follow others that my followers are following.  I find them on my news feed all the time.  Many of them are new hubbers, having only been new to this site for a few hours.  This makes them feel welcome, and they will follow you back, just so they can start getting their number of followers up.

33. Journey * profile image68
    Journey *posted 12 years ago

This article discusses how to get more followers when you write on Hubpages. read more

34. attorneyblog profile image60
    attorneyblogposted 12 years ago

Write interesting hubs. It will also help if you write valuable comments on other hubs.

35. patbess profile image56
    patbessposted 12 years ago

I guess writing quality content is always key to getting followers

36. leeba ann varghes profile image64
    leeba ann varghesposted 12 years ago

The best strategy is to wite interesting and simple topics that impress others,Following others helps you too....

37. Heather Says profile image95
    Heather Saysposted 12 years ago

I noticed an increase in traffic once I started choosing corresponding amazon ads, there may be no correlation at all.  I also make sure I use my tags effectively.  Sometimes I share my articles with my friends and family via facebook.  I also push myself to try and publish once a day.

Great tips! Thank you. smile

38. Andme26 profile image64
    Andme26posted 12 years ago

find a hot sexy girls pic and put it on your profile

39. luckpages profile image61
    luckpagesposted 12 years ago

I think the best way is to post your real and attractive articles and also the articles about the interests of the readers.

40. Sunilkath profile image60
    Sunilkathposted 12 years ago

i think follow the people they will follow you back smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)