jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How to get more followers on hubpages?

1. jonno96 profile image60
    jonno96posted 5 years ago

How to get more followers on hubpages?

2. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 5 years ago

Become someone's follower.  Most hubbers will return the favour and follow you.

1. Melinda Longoria profile image80
      Melinda Longoriaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I will! I just want ONE follower. LoL

3. KrisL profile image84
    KrisLposted 5 years ago

I don't have many followers, but this is from other people's experience as well as mine. Writing plenty of good hubs always helps.

Commenting on other people's hubs is also very useful.
    If you really enjoyed a hub, share it on hubpages and/or social media and mention that you did so in your comment.

Answering questions and participating in forums (which I don't do much) also gets you known to others with similar interests.

If you publically appreciate someone's work or get into a conversation with them in the comments, and are following them, or then follow them, then that person is likely to follow you back.

Following 100's of people will get you an unbalanced following/follower ratio, like 1,2000 following and 62 followers, and that itself is a turn-off for me and perhaps others.
    People like to be followed as individuals, not as part of a list.

1. Melinda Longoria profile image80
      Melinda Longoriaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. That is helpful information.

4. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I'm no expert on this, but your hubs are all about fish. That's fantastic for anyone who keeps fish, or has an interest in them. It may be that people don't particularly want to read lots of fish hubs, and they would be notified every time you published a new one. If you publish useful information, the search engines will send traffic, which in the long run is more important than having followers. I've seen profiles of people who've been here years, have lots of hubs, but hardly any followers. Good luck with your hubpages venture.

1. KrisL profile image84
      KrisLposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. If you publish certain kinds of hubs, having followers doesn't matter one way or the other for your earnings. If you want the connection, find others who write on fish, aquariums, etc. & comment & follow.

5. jonno96 profile image60
    jonno96posted 5 years ago

thanks for all the answers, didnt expect this many!

working