jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

World Map of Followers

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image76
    WebsiteConfettiposted 4 years ago

I was thinking today how many followers I have from different parts of the world and thought wouldn't it be great if there was an image of a world map that showed all the different parts of the world our followers came from.

it's just a novelty really, but it would be interesting. Kind of similar to the way Facebook has a world map of places that we have visited.

2. ithabise profile image93
    ithabiseposted 4 years ago

Love the idea. Only thing is how would this be possible for the people with thousands of followers? Otherwise, it is an interesting novelty. Love to hear what others say.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

That would be interesting.  It wouldn't necessarily have to give a number, but simply a 'pin' or some icon on the locations.
    It's also interesting to see all the different countries where our hubs have been viewed.

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image76
      WebsiteConfettiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's what I was thinking, a pin to represent the locations. It just fascinates me that by commenting on hubs, reading other people's hub and basically being a part of the Hub Pages community we are interacting with people from so many countries on  a daily basis

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's one of the reasons I enjoy HubPages.  And I love the platform that makes it easier to reach a global audience.

4. derek gulbranson profile image80
    derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago

Cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if we could replace our current list of followers on the user profile with a map? We'd have to come up with some way to paginate or truncate them. I'm not sure how people use the list of followers in profiles but location is one of the more interesting things, probably just after what topics they write in.

We'll probably not do anything with this immediately but it is a good suggestion, maybe we'll find time for it someday or include it in a future redesign. Feel free to continue developing or adding to the idea.

working