Would you be interested in learning about countries?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. donnaisabella profile image73
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

Would you be interested in learning about countries?

Would you read hubs with detailed information countries in Europe, Afirca, Asia, Europe etc? Why would you be interested? Anything in particular that you would be interested in?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6191338_f260.jpg

2. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image61
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 12 years ago

Well I feel it's man that makes the boundaries.

As I am a product of several countries, my aim is to see as much of the world as I can. So far I've been to Sweden, Holland, France, Sri Lanka, Hongkong, Maldives, Republic of Brunai, New Zealand, Nigeria, Republic of Benin, Dominica, Egypt, Martinique, St Lucia, Across America by Grey Hound from Washington to Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, New York, Malaysia, Guadaloupe, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England. If it is not possible to see everywhere else then I would like to hear, from indigenes or other fellow gypsy -hearted way farers, their versions of how they see the country. 
    My interests are to see how they live, their history, taste their food, feel the vibes of the country through the locals, the smells, sites, see perculiarities of the country, the transportation

3. rafken profile image79
    rafkenposted 12 years ago

If you aren't, then you should be. I have visited or lived in upwards of 40 different countries and I can tell you that the countries and people are often NOT what is depicted in movies and news reels. By learning about a different culture we automatically learn more about ourselves, both good and bad. It gives us a better understanding of each other and of the world we all live in. Understanding of each other will be what, hopefully, will one day unite us all and help us to preserve ourselves and our planet.

4. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 12 years ago

I'm always interested in other places and people; it's what makes the world an interesting place.  In particular I love to see how other cultures do things differently compared to the West.

5. Capedium profile image60
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

I would.. I love to find out the different culture in the world, what makes it unique and special and learn of other people way of life.. I consider it interesting!

6. profile image0
    onlookerposted 12 years ago

Yes, of course. Visited quite a few countries. Traditions, it's history and cultural values those are the things that are a country's identity and who wouldn't want to learn about that? Each just as unique and fascinating as the next one.

7. BlossomSB profile image80
    BlossomSBposted 12 years ago

Although I'm getting older and not so enthusiastic about being squashed in a plane like a sardine in a tin for many hours, I really did enjoy travelling and have been blessed to have had the opportunity to travel to many places, many to do with our work. Now I prefer to stay at home and look at my photos and enjoy my visits that way, all over again - and to share them with anyone who might be interested. I love to hear about other people's travels, too.

8. martinsontiffany profile image60
    martinsontiffanyposted 12 years ago

sure i'm interested in people come from other countries

http://www.icanfashion.com/

9. ArkaicAngel profile image61
    ArkaicAngelposted 12 years ago

Yeah learning about countries helps learn about culture, and culture brings people closer together tongue

10. susiempn profile image78
    susiempnposted 12 years ago

Of course!  I have visited several countries and loved every learning experience that I came across.  Learning about the people, the food, the local traditions and folklore all enhanced the experience.

11. CaptainAwesome17 profile image62
    CaptainAwesome17posted 12 years ago

Well, that's a good question.
    Not everyone is interested in geography or history, but, if those detailed infos had some interesting and well made texts I and surely many other people would be completely interested on reading some usefull info about another countries.
    Know about other countries it's for me, a need that everyone should have. The culture, gastronomy, diplomacy, history of a certain country it's usefull for that in the future we can make our opinions and discust several ideas about, for example, a certain country that it is having several diplomatic problems or it is in a crisis.
    It's always important to know some info before saying 'bullshit' that may or may not be real.

So yeah, I would be interested on know more about countried.

12. roknrobn64 profile image61
    roknrobn64posted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6205781_f260.jpg

I actually had an opportunity to visit Rome, Italy in 2009 for an International Convention. Since that visit, I have started to learn how to speak french. I didn't realise at that time how close I was to Paris,France and even West Africa where there are beaucoup de francophones. My advice to anyone who has the resources is to travel to as many places as possible, but to do some research in advance.

13. Sjlifed profile image60
    Sjlifedposted 12 years ago

I LOVE to know more about all countries! With the world getting "smaller" due to globalisation, technological advances and conectivity (transport), i think everyone should take some time to do that. I gotta say that our youger generations are more well-travelled and more exposed as compared to many.

For me, i am currently obsessed with INDIA. Its beauty and diversity is deep and thanks to its long history - there is so much to explore! I have only been to the North East India (East Himalayas) and the North West (Rajasthan), but that can never be enough!

Japan is another country that intriges me at how structured the society is! and even with strong foreign influence after it opened its doors, its culture and heritage is still standing strong.

I would love to experience the European countries for the novelty of it and the emphasis on freedom, art and music!!

14. AfricaResource profile image61
    AfricaResourceposted 12 years ago

You can never have too much information on countries of the world. Even Wikipedia doesn't cover the half of it! It's important for everyone to know about the world we live in, as the news and the media don't portray everything we need to know about a place before we visit it!

15. hobbitinspiration profile image60
    hobbitinspirationposted 12 years ago

I'm most interested in Europe and Asia.  I really learning about different places and the history/traditions of those places.  I'd be most interested in food and wine from those places!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)