jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Cancel AdSense and just keep HubPages Ad Program?

1. glassvisage profile image83
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

Hello! I've seen past discussions on this, but they are from more than a year ago, so I thought I'd see what people think about it now.

I've noticed that I make hardly anything on Google AdSense and haven't gotten a payout for several months. I do pretty well on HPAD and am wondering if I will do even better if I delete my AdSense account.

1. ytbot1x profile image61
      ytbot1xposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can try Chitika ad program. It's a great alternative to the outdated Google Adsense.

2. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

HPAD program is linked to google if you delete google you lose both.....jimmy

3. Doodlehead profile image83
    Doodleheadposted 5 years ago

I think Jimmythejock is correct.  You will delete Hubpages ad thingy also. 

We are blessed with Google forever in our lives.

1. ytbot1x profile image61
      ytbot1xposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And bless them that they are virtually extorting and manipulating the masses.

4. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Adsense is an integral part of the HP ad program as well, it's just that you are being paid through HP rather than through Adsense. 

There is obviously no extortion or manipulation; you have full choice whether to use HPads or not, but because adsense plays a large role in the program you must have adsense if you choose to participate in the HPad program.

5. glassvisage profile image83
    glassvisageposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for this input! I didn't know if by having AdSense, I was using up ad space that could be occupied instead by HPAD ads. This makes sense though.

6. successdotnet profile image60
    successdotnetposted 4 years ago

If not participate in HP ads program. Will you get more slots for Adsense ads? Maybe the changes to boost earning to select only one channel? Anyone can share?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is possible, and some hubbers report better earnings with adsense than they do with the combination of adsense and HPads.  It seems to be a function of topic and hubs - everyone is different and you will only find out by trying it.  I've tried it twice, both times losing money in the process; for me HPads+adsense>>adsense alone even though with the combination adsense brings in only pennies per day.

You may stop HPads and restart it later (don't cancel it, just make it inactive) with the only caution being that HP doesn't want you doing that on a constant basis.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

If you are on HP Ad program there is only one block of Ads paid out by Adsense, and that is at the very lowest point on the page and therefore earns you very little. The HP Ads are on most of the page, although some of them are Adsense Ads, but paid out by HP. You need to have an Adsense account to be allowed to use the HP Ad program. As for Chikita, well apart from the fact they are not an option here (HP Ads, Adsense, ebay and Amazon are the choices), Chikita are pretty well known for being useless for generating income, (right up there alongside Kontera). If you want to test your income on HP Ads versus Adsense, just switch off HP Ads for a month or so and see if you earn more or less per day on Adsense alone, (taking into account seasonal fluctuations and days of the week fluctuations).

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very accurate and very well said Misty.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Glenn smile

2. successdotnet profile image60
      successdotnetposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good one. Lets stick to this.

working