How Much Money Have You Made HubPages Ad Program In a Month?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (91 posts)
  1. sasta10 profile image61
    sasta10posted 12 years ago

Hi, what was you maximum earning with HubPages Ad Program in a month (not google adsense)?  Is it possible to make much money with this program?  Thanks.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Up until last month it had never seen payout in one month.

Last months traffic boost raised it just a bit, to over $100 in that month.

sasta10posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, wilderness.  Thanks for your reply.  I guess if you earn $100 a month without writing any more hubs, thats not too bad.  The question is will you get $100 every month and more importantly if you add more hubs will you earn more than $100.  Thanks.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the million $ question isn't it?  I guess time will tell, but darn I'm impatient! smile

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Looked a whole lot more like a hundred dollar question!!! LOL!  Okay, back to bed. . .

2. contohsurat profile image59
        contohsuratposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wish u all getting more earn !!

2. KeithTax profile image72
      KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I made over $170 the last two months with the HP ad program.

WOW thats a great result.  Thanks.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's possible to make a significant (or even a lot) of money using HubPages.  However, for most people, it's not probable.  Or in other words, it could happen but for most people it's not actually going to happen.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Tough town, the internet. big_smile

2. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Well, since the major traffic increase at the end of the month in August. I made 150 dollars in AUG. If my traffic maintains, I should be able to make several hundred this month, but it depends on the CPM and if Google adsense outbids them.

Yesterday, I could of made over 10 dollars with HP ad program, but Google adsense must of outbid them because I made several dollars with adsense by itself.

Hi, David 470 thanks for your reply, what exactly do you mean when you say Google adsense outbid, thanks.

1. David 470 profile image80
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe that Google may outbid the HP ads sometimes & Google ads appear on page instead of HP ads.

Most of my income is from HP ad program though.

2. sasta10 profile image61

WOW $150, not bad at all.  Thanks.

1. David 470 profile image80

Yeah, hopefully I can make a few hundred this months september. My goal is to pretty much make several hundred a month.

On a side note, my adsense reached payout, so I will get about 105 from it too.

Anyone can make money on hubpages if they put the work AND smarts into it.

Google has a lot of power over us though, but we have influence.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

And at the other end of the scale is me with five dollars last month.

In my defence...

Actually I don't have a defence.

$5, hey you have done better than me.  Thanks.

2. damek profile image60
      damekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mark! Can you tell us how many ad hub program impressions you got last month, that your earned 5$? Thank you!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if stating impressions is allowed.  Plus I wonder if internal impressions are ignored - it seems that way to me.

4. sweetzara profile image76
    sweetzaraposted 12 years ago

I have just started last week and have not made a single penny! sad

Don't worry, keep on writing and you will see result.  Try getting to 50 hubs and you will slowly pickup.  Also promote your hubs on the internet using social media and seo techniques.  Thanks.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Over $300 for August from HPads, but if my recent traffic continues, I'll make a lot more than that this month.

WOW that's an amazing result, you deserve this because you have some great hubs, I read one of your hub every week and you hub score is 100 which means you are miss perfect.  Thanks.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Miss perfect"?? I think my husband would disagree! But many thanks for the compliment and for the readership.

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I've earned as much as $20.00 on a good month..
    this month is starting out low...

7. Charlotte B Plum profile image70
    Charlotte B Plumposted 12 years ago

Wow this gives me something to hope for. At the moment, I earn much less than $5. In fact, this month if I cross the $3 barrier it'll be a record for me!

8. mobias profile image71
    mobiasposted 12 years ago

I am jealous, yes I just got here, but I've had a blogger blog for almost 4 years and have yet to see my balance reach $25...I don't seem to know what I'm doing. I guess my first mistake was thinking a personal, variety blog would do the trick.

If I ever get to make even $100/month on a regular basis, I will do cartwheels around my entire neighborhood! No really...I will!

I am still learning, and perhaps this site will get me into new directions!

1. pmiles profile image60
      pmilesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That cracked me up...

2. David 470 profile image80

Yes, personal blogs will not generally make you money. It needs to be informative related content on specific subjects.

9. cavedweller profile image57
    cavedwellerposted 11 years ago

any updates on any of your earnings?  I'm very curious because I just started.

10. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

About $75 last month. But that was with nearly 100 hubs.

Meanwhile, I earned $333 from 101 lenses in one niche account, not including Amazon Associates sales. (No sales yet from Amazon capsules.)

This "diversify and get your eggs in multiple baskets" thing is a drag.

1. cavedweller profile image57
      cavedwellerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What are lenses?

and do you do anything do produce traffic?

11. Greekgeek profile image78

Sorry, probably shouldn't have said that. Late night, tired, and a little frustrated.

It's not Hubpages-related, so I really shouldn't be mentioning it on Hubpages' forums.

I think you can earn significant $ on Hubpages, but it takes a large portfolio of effective hubs.

12. Greekgeek profile image78

I use on-page SEO. Basically, I keep in mind the terms, synonyms, and phrases people tend to use when talking about my topic. I'm not chasing popular searches; rather, I try to be specific enough in my writing that search engines understand what I'm talking about so that they'll send me exactly the people who will be interested in my webpages.

I also set up Google authorship so that when my hubs appear in search results, they look appealing (my profile photo is a professional portrait -- it's silly, but good images tend to attract clicks.)

Most of all, I try to create useful and engaging content, drawing on subjects I know well and looking for ways to convert what I know into interesting or helpful pages. It's the hardest and most effective way to get traffic: create fascinating or useful content that people like so much that they're likely to share it.

1. seamonster profile image40
      seamonsterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love your comment so much, I wish we had a like button. thanks. Oh I guess, I should answer the question too.

I am just starting out, and over the moon to have earned a whopping, drum roll please .14 cents with my two hubs this month. I was so shocked to see that on my page; I was wondering how that happened.

I joined hub with the hope that I could get into the apprenticeship program and improve my writing. I am in South Central Los Angeles;  our colleges are terrorizing all the good teachers with layoffs.

1. daisydayz profile image85
        daisydayzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

$4.49 so far this month. I wanna hit $5 which should be ok really!!

when did you start? and how many hubs do you have?

13. samnashy profile image71
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

$1.01 in total.  I joined 7 weeks ago but only started posing hubs the end of July.  Am waiting for the money to roll in.  I've been told its like running a marathon, which is good for me as I'm pretty hopeless at sprinting.

14. tthudium profile image59
    tthudiumposted 11 years ago

I recently signed up for the ad program last week and have been getting around $2 for the past few days.  This weeks total is $11.

15. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I am on track to make a payout every month from now on, Google willing.

paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

WTG!

16. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

With HP ads running, how much is average earned on 1000 views?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

About four dollars I reckon.  Probably depends on the type of stuff you write about.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  I am earning a bit more through Google. 

smile

I thought that more people where making more money with HP ad program?

It is possible, I am not sure.  Google Adsense is very good to me, I have never tried to use the HP program.

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is sign up and then they do the rest.  But I've been using it for 4 days and I've made double over adsense.  If you try it I'm curious to hear your results.

With HPads running the amount of ads displayed by Google is much less.  So it would only make sense that the earnings would be more in this scenario.   I do not believe in trying to fix something that is not broken, so unless something drastic happens with Adsense, I will not be making the switch.

What is your average monthly earnings from adsense if you don't mind me asking?

I have received over $300.00 for the last six months.  I have had a payout every month for the last 14 months.

Two accounts, over 100 hubs.

17. Ddraigcoch profile image73
    Ddraigcochposted 11 years ago

Cavedweller, some people have different accounts because it lets them write different genres of articles with out feeling they are being judged by their peers. " Top 10" articles do well for money earners but don't look great mixed with political articles.
    Also, you may rank better if there are keywords resonating through your whole account.

^^^^This^^^^^

18. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

It would be nice if HP could allow hub transfer between accounts so some of us who have created a mish mash of stuff could sort it out.

Maintaining the same URL and publish date would be awesome!  I believe that search engines appreciate content all falling under the same niche, at least in my experience.

It seems that going in to older hubs and shining them up a little attracts search engine attention as well!  I changed some summaries last week on half my hubs, all of them are seeing an increase in traffic.

19. kittyjj profile image69
    kittyjjposted 11 years ago

Wow sasta10, you've asked an interesting question.  And the answers here are so helpful and encouraging.  They gave me hope.  I will keep trying.  Thank you!

20. sergs_pogi profile image57
    sergs_pogiposted 11 years ago

I earned $12.30 last month, with 25 hubs. I'm just averaging 200 page views per day.

21. jbosh1972 profile image94
    jbosh1972posted 9 years ago

I make now between $8 to $9 monthly and I have 14 hubs.  I suspect most of my earnings come from a single hub.  So I am now back in the game trying to create one hub per week plus polishing old hubs and adding fresh content.  I have one hub I am considering deleting but I will add some more content to it to see what happens.

22. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

$31,415.92 here. And that is just in the last week. Darn; it would be $50K if I had my own website. Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

All of you guys DO know it is against the TOS to discuss what you earn here, right?  This is grounds for being banned, so take care.

paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Gosh. Maybe that is why I <redacted> on this 2-year-old thread.

2. profile image0
      TomOliver2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

No way you made that much, if so WOWWWWWWWWWW

3. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Looks like it is time for you to sell the Camaro and buy a new Stingray.  Get the 427, and I want a ride some time.

Actually, I've accumulated over $500,000 since the beginning of the year. As such, I will be initiating a leveraged buyout of HubPages sometime this Fall. I am already writing up a to-do list of things I'll do once I'm in charge.

And I'm keeping the Camaro.

1. bBerean profile image60

Sed-me will be hitting you up to abolish the hubber score.  +1 from me.  I understand about the Camaro.  I have a T/A I would find difficult to part with.

1. Sed-me profile image80
            Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will have to wait until tonight to find out what T/A is. I will be withholding judgement until then.

Lol.  Didn't occur to me that could go wrong.  T/A = Trans Am, (as in Pontiac).  Paradigm is a car guy, so I knew he would know.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

I'll put her in charge of moderating the religion forums.

That works!

2. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And since paradigmsearch is one of my referrals, I've nearly saved enough for my private island over the years from my cut of his impressions.

Do hubbers get a discount on the vacation cottage you rent out on the south side of the island?

2. Sed-me profile image80

I have my passport ready.

1. relache profile image72
              relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As I am not yet a sovereign nation, passports aren't necessary.

But you might consider a visit to the Principality of Sealand in the meantime.

1. Sed-me profile image80

It's owned by the Bates family. If I come, I'm not staying at the hotel.

23. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

Generally over $200 a month on this account from HP ads, although I've had in excess of $600. Depends on the time of year.

24. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I believe on my former acct. (which is closed so I assume it is ok to discuss) I made upwards of $3. That was probably a banner month. Now let's discuss the Ponzi-esque hubber score. wink

25. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Once I build that part, yes.  That reminds me...I should write up about that earth building workshop I attended.

26. profile image0
    Shroudsposted 8 years ago

I never reached a threshold of $50 for the past 2 years with 2 featured hubs only!

27. robhampton profile image92
    robhamptonposted 8 years ago

28. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 8 years ago

HP changed TOS, cannot reveal earnings!

1. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

oops. I can't delete now. Maybe that question should be deleted or it could get some people in trouble

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

TOS has not changed.  It has always been the case that we are not to discuss earnings on this site.  It's grounds for being banned.  Rob, I definitely would delete that post.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the rules did change.  The original site TOS did not forbid disclosing anything about earnings, and not only were we very much encouraged to talk about earnings, HubPages used that info (with permission) as a major marketing angle at the time.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110101060 … om/success

That HubPages does't close/lock outdated threads to new replies is the issue actually here, not the TOS.  I've been requesting that feature for at least four years.

29. profile image0
    Shroudsposted 8 years ago

I does not matter whether you delete the post or not.The fact is we are here for the money,do you have other reason being here?

30. Angel198625 profile image89
    Angel198625posted 8 years ago

Whether people are here for the money or not, the point is that it is a violation of HubPages policy to discuss how much you earn. That's why this post should be deleted. People are stating how much they made, and taking the chance on getting banned from HubPages. Not cool.

31. Brie Hoffman profile image59
    Brie Hoffmanposted 8 years ago

I made <snipped> last September and it's been downhill ever since...but I do make over <snipped> every month but it sure would be nice to see those high numbers again.

32. robhampton profile image92
    robhamptonposted 8 years ago

My earnings are like half of what they were last year at this time

33. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 8 years ago

I never earned more than $ 30 a month and presently it is too bad and even below $ 10. Traffic also dropped very much.

34. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Does this include the $50K I was paid to take down my review of <snipped>?

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)