I am a registered Amazon Associate. I have yet to figure out how to post products onto my Hubs without copying the URL from the Amazon product page and then pasting it to my hub. So it will show the correct product on my hubs and refer people to the correct Amazon page when they click on my featured products. But how am I getting paid if someone (that I refer from one of my hubs) purchases the product I had listed on my hub if my hubs URL isn't embedded with my Amazon Associate number???
If you have entered your Amazon affiliate code correctly into the box under Stats, Earnings, then all you have to do is open an Amazon capsule and paste the url of the page you want to link to into the space in the box where it asks for the Amazon code or url.
The url in that case will have your affiliate code, but remember that your code will only be on it on your 60% of the time, and HPs on the other 40%. This means that even if one of your friends buys through this link, you may not receive commission if it was during HP's share of the time, and not yours.
You can always add a textual link to the product.
Open a text capsule in edit mode, and click on html at the top far left.
Paste in the html from Amazon, then click on the 'clean up html' button.
Voila! You have a link to Amazon,complete with your affiliate code.
by Tessa Schlesinger 12 months ago
In all the time I've been writing on the web (first started on Amazon in 2004), I've never been any good at selling products on the web. I don't know why that is. I know people who make a packet at promoting products on the web. And I know there are people who make a good amount on HP even though...
by Audrey Selig 7 years ago
Amazon says I need to redo most of my products, and I don't know what happened as the codes were there. Is there a fast way to do this? Can you sign in to Amazon once and then go back and forth fixing the problem. Anyone had this issue?
by Marites Mabugat-Simbajon 6 years ago
I found some interesting questions from fellow hubbers and helpful answers from kind hubbers. I will go through those again if when I encounter the same problems. However, I couldn't find an answer to what I am so frustrated about.The HubPages video on Vimeo: "How to use the Amazon Capsule on...
by Susannah Birch 8 years ago
I've decided to do another 30 day challenge writing ONLY sales hubs. Yes I've read some by top hubbers such as Nelle and seen how many there are about topics such as parties, kids and decorations.For those hubbers who spend lots of time on sales hubs... any tips before I go in head first?
by H Lax 7 weeks ago
Every time I put an Amazon capsule on my articles it gets snipped. I write how it benefits people and how it relates to the article.
by brettb 8 years ago
Hi all,Are there some Amazon products you can't sell (because they're through a 3rd party)? I found some really cool Japanese clothing to sell (e.g. loose socks) but the capsule wouldn't recognise that product. Maybe I could put in a direct text link or something.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|