FIXED: Unable to Add Amazon Products

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image52
    ILoveChristmasposted 11 years ago

I wrote a recipe hub and wanted to add some recommended cookbooks at the end. I created an Amazon capsule and selected the cookbooks. When I previewed the capsule, it said "No Amazon products found." I deleted it and tried again, this time letting it use keywords to select products automatically. I got the same error. How can I fix this?

1. Camille Harris profile image88
      Camille Harrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This issue has been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience!

1. Pamela N Red profile image83
        Pamela N Redposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm still seeing it on some of mine.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72
          Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Pamela This should be fixed now. 

Are you still having issues with the Amazon capsule? 
          If so, can you provide a URL for an example Hub?

Have you tried refreshing the page and/or clearing your browser cache (instructions in following URL)?
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

Thanks.

1. samnashy profile image71
            samnashyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, it's working again - hurray!

2. Terri Meredith profile image67
        Terri Meredithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nope, not fixed.  Every hub I've gone to is showing the no products found message.  thanks

3. Nalini Marquez profile image91
        Nalini Marquezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm still missing some of mine.

Thanks for letting us know. Still catching up across the site and should be resolved soon.

1. Nalini Marquez profile image91
            Nalini Marquezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for responding. My capsules are working now.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  Everything looks fine.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Sometimes this happens, not sure why.  I just edited one of my hubs and noticed all of my Amazon capsules said, No Amazon Products Found.  I looked at another hub, and did not open it to edit, and the Amazon products are showing.

1. Pamela N Red profile image83
      Pamela N Redposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully they will have this repaired soon.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope so!!  Now every hub I checked has no products listed.  It doesn't look appealing,  and I don't have time to go in and hide the capsules until it's fixed.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

If you search the forums this issues has been happening on and off for several years. It's to do with how HP pulls the information for each product.

4. profile image52
    ILoveChristmasposted 11 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it. I viewed a published hub and the Amazon products showed up just fine, but I can't add any to new capsules while editing. I will make a note to try again tomorrow.

1. Act 3 profile image76
      Act 3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm having the same problem tonight, too. They loaded fine yesterday, but are not showing up tonight.

1. profile image52
        ILoveChristmasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I'll just try again tomorrow.

5. Terri Meredith profile image67
    Terri Meredithposted 11 years ago

I noticed the same thing on a hub posted last night, though I didn't have any problem with the products showing last night.  I went to edit a misspelled word I discovered a minute ago and I saw the "no products found" message.  My other hubs seem to be okay though.

1. profile image52

Now it seems to be affecting published hubs, too. Of course I got a moderator e-mail saying my hub needs revision because it is "incomplete." How is the fact that HP's program isn't pulling info from Amazon properly my fault?

1. profile image52

Just realized that HP unpublished my hub simply because it was missing the Amazon products. Jeez!

1. Terri Meredith profile image67
          Terri Meredithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I sure hope they don't start unpublishing all the hubs missing the products.  I just checked my other hubs and it seems they are ALL now missing Amazon products.  I do NOT want to have to go in to remove all the capsules as I have 120 hubs.  That's way too much work, to only have to add them back in when the problem is fixed.  I've also had another one waiting to be published but I suppose I'll just publish and hope nothing else happens. 

It seems there are quite a few problems happening on the pages in the last few days!

2. Camille Harris profile image88

Hi ILoveChristmas,
          Please Contact us with the URL of your Hub and we'll take a look. Thanks!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
            LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Camille, No Amazon products show on any hubs. This has been happening since last night. Even on previously published hubs.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This has been sent to our engineering team to be addressed.

6. greenhealthguru profile image55
    greenhealthguruposted 11 years ago

Yup, none of my published pages are showing amazon products.

1. profile image52

I just went in and deleted all of my Amazon capsules, as I don't want ALL of my hubs marked as needing revision. I'll just have to add them back when the problem is fixed.

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
        galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you decide to try again -try it with just one keyword.

1. profile image52

I am pretty sure I just used "cookbooks" for my keyword. I also tried adding specific products. Now none of my Amazon capsules work and HP unpublished one of my hubs because of it.

7. samnashy profile image71
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

I have been having the same problem all day. Quite new to hub pages so wasn't sure.  These forums are really helpful.  Sam

8. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Same also.
    Checked with Amazon Associates and my account is still active, as well as, Hub Earnings shows active.
    Twelve to eighteen hours of down-time, on this feature, cannot be a good thing, for the global Hub Writers in general, and for myself especially because it is my only revenue source on Hub Pages.

James.

9. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 11 years ago

I also have hubs with no amazon products found....no time to check all the hubs..hope it could be solve soon big_smile

10. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 11 years ago

This is a serious issue.  This is going to cost people a lot of money if it is not sorted out soon.

11. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years ago

Me too..sigh..it's always something.

1. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True. Which begs the question "Why is there always something?"
      This kind of glitch should not be happening! There is no other site-wide element that should interfere with the Amazon API, be it JSON, PHP or ROR. I know technology and it can be a fickle thing, but the best rule of thumb is true, "If it isn't broken, do not fix it. If it is broken, fix it once and not have to fix it again."

James.

1. profile image52

I'm just aggravated that they unpublished my hub because it said "no Amazon products found." I have no control over that whatsoever; the products were listed when I published the hub. Now I've lost page views because it took them about 12 hours to review the hub and re-publish it.

1. greenhealthguru profile image55
          greenhealthguruposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thankfully, none of my hubs were unpublished

2. mary615 profile image82
          mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, my!

12. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 11 years ago

There is no way I would have the time to go in and delete Amazon capsules from all of my hubs.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.  At least the staff at HP seems to be aware of it and are working on it.

13. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 11 years ago

I just checked 3 of my Hubs and the Amazon is back.  I hope it stays that way cause I'm ready to publish a Hub and I want to use Amazon products; very important.

14. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

I haven't been able to add any Amazon products for three months now. I gave up.

1. greenhealthguru profile image55
      greenhealthguruposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You must not be doing something right in the process.  Have you ever been able to load amazon.com products?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72

@Xenolit
      We are unaware of any current issues affecting the Amazon capsule.
      I suggest looking over the Learning Center.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/amazon-capsule

15. mattforte profile image90
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

This problem is NOT fixed for me.
    My hub at http://mattforte.hubpages.com/hub/Futur … ology-2013 has several Amazon capsules, none of which are showing up at all. I just formatted my HD and installed Windows 7 (from Vista) so it's not a cache problem or anything of that sort. I deleted some capsules and tried to re-add them, changed products - no go.
    Even when I just try the "preview product" button it simply changes my URL to an item number, and doesn't preview the item.
    (I'm having this problem throughout my entire account, I just used the above hub as an example so it can be checked out...and I get 75% of my traffic from that hub so I know I'm missing out on potential profit here)

@mattforte
      Are you still having issues with your Amazon capsules?
      I just checked out the Hub you mentioned and I see multiple Amazon capsules that are all displaying products.

1. mattforte profile image90
        mattforteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes and no.
        I found that AdBlock blocks amazon capsules. It even blocks the "preview" within the Amazon capsules. This concerns me because a LOT of people use AdBlock, and I believe it's native in recent builds of Firefox. Might there be a workaround for this in the near future? I can see Amazon products on many other pages around the web, just not HubPages. They aren't obnoxious "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WON!" ads so I don't think I'd have any moral implications against working around AdBlock.

I would have responded sooner, but for some reason my forum privileges were removed...I wasn't told why - and I hardly ever come to the forums o.O

We have no control over what content third party browser extensions, plugin-ins, and add-ons block.  I just checked the latest release of Firefox for both Windows and OS X and do not see AdBlock. 
          I would suggest disabling AdBlock.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)