Are you interested in taking on a Hub Challenge? Fantastic! This is a great way to commit yourself to a regular publication schedule and build a robust online portfolio.
For more details on the Hub Challenge, stop by our official Learning Center guide.
If you are ready to start right away, follow these steps:
1. Determine your ultimate goal (Is it to fix up old Hubs or publish new ones? Is it to develop a niche online or build a strong personal brand?
2. Determine what achievements will help you reach this goal (e.g. editing Hubs that aren't getting much attention, updating old Hubs, publishing a certain number of Hubs, publishing Hubs on a certain subject, or publishing Hubs and getting more engaged on external sites as well).
3. Determine a time frame in which you would like to accomplish those achievements (e.g. one month, one year, 60 days, etc.)
4. Start a new forum thread in the Hub Challenge forum (HubPages Tutorials and Community > HubPages: The Community > Hub Challenges)
5. In your new thread, declare your goal, your achievmeents, and your time frame (e.g. "Because I want to become the go-to expert online about giraffe food, I am taking on a Hub Challenge to write 15 Stellar giraffe health Hubs in 60 days")
6. Tell your friends, family, and followers about your Hub Challenge and why you're doing it- the more people know, the more likely they are to give you support and keep you on track.
7. Update your friends and followers on your process by sharing links to your Hub Challenge Hubs in your personal Hub Challenge thread or our shared Hub Challenge Hub thread.
8. When you have successfully completed your Hub Challenge, celebrate- and be thankful! Consider taking the friends and family who supported you out to dinner, and leave some thank you posts on the Facebook Walls and Google+ pages of Hubbers who supported you.
Here are some additional Hub Challenge tips:
*Focus on QUALITY over QUANTITY. One Stellar Hub can be worth 20 normal ones.
*Do not mention your Hub Challenge in a Hub itself. This will confuse your readers, most of who will not know you and will not know what you are up to.
by James Paterson 9 years ago
Thought that this new thread would make it easier for everyone to share their hubs for the Hub Challenge.....jimmyhere is my first http://hubpages.com/hub/Ladies-Rolex-Watches
by Simon Cook 5 years ago
Take one of your old hubs, update it with new content, better photos, improved titles and add some additional modules (make it a stellar hub effectively) and then post it here for critique!
by Amelia Griggs 4 years ago
I am creating my own 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge and there seems a broken link in regards to information on hub challenges. On the http://hubpages.com/faq/ page, for "41. What is a Hub Challenge?" if I click on the link, "in the HubPages Learning Center" which is at the end of...
by Nelle Hoxie 9 years ago
First of all, I'd like to thank KCC for the October Challenge and the whole idea of a bunch of us joining together each month to encourage and support each other on the HubChallenge. I had a ball last month and it was great to get to know so many of you a lot better.KCC and I had so much fun in...
by Ryan Hupfer 4 years ago
Yep, I'm going to be writing 100 Hubs in 30 days starting next Monday, May 11th. This might sound a little crazy (because it is), but I promise that I have a somewhat logical reason for doing it.So here's the story -- Yesterday I was surfing around the web, looking at some blogs that have been...
by Robin Edmondson 4 years ago
Hello Hubbers. We are very excited to announce a week long challenge. Check out our Blog post for more information! Good luck!
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|