jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Google translates 'India' to 'Pakistan' in Urdu

1. Mellyunplugged profile image79
    Mellyunpluggedposted 5 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7349930_f248.jpg
    Go to Google Translate and Type 'India is my Country' and translate to Urdu. It translates it as 'Pakistan is my country'.  For those of you who cannot decipher Urdu, can translate the sentence in Urdu to English and check the blunder by Google. However if you translate 'Pakistan is my country', it gives the correct translation. So do you think that this is just a technical glitch from Google or an intentional error?

1. secularist10 profile image87
      secularist10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha, that's so funny. I can read the Arabic script so I can see the word "Pakistan" there.

I tried a few other sentences with India in them and they all seem to translate fine ("Bharat" being the native term for India, I assume it's the same in Urdu)

Very interesting.

2. secularist10 profile image87
      secularist10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, when you click on the word for Pakistan, it gives "alternate translations" and one of them is Bharat (India), lol!

Right above it indicates this is the early stage of development for this particular language, so yeah probably unintentional.

Still, pretty funny.

Mellyunpluggedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah this is a big time blunder by Google Translate. It was unexpected from them though.

2. 2uesday profile image81
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Which does prove that Goggle translate is not as accurate as some people might think it is.

Yeah there are quite a few bloopers like this....Cant depend on Translate completely

3. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 5 years ago

It might be an error we need to correct by sending mails to them

Yeah hope that Google will correct this asap

4. Junaid Ghani profile image81
    Junaid Ghaniposted 5 years ago

Yes Mellyunplugged... Google shows some special affiliation with Pakistan. It was noticed that there was an honorable logo for Pakistan's Independence day on 14 August was published at the site as it do for many important events of history. But amazing thing is that the next day on 15 August, India got independence and that was not shown! We can say that is co-incidence, but as you mentioned, that is quite exciting smile

In 2011, as you said, Google displayed a doodle on the eve of Pakistan's Independence day. However, in 2012 they made sure that they had a doodle on both Pakistans Independence day and Indian Independence day. Anyways, the translator error is unbelievable and unexpected from Google considering the political importance of  this.

1. Junaid Ghani profile image81
        Junaid Ghaniposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think they have corrected that problem. I checked now, well it is very interesting though they corrected now smile

Oh yes bro...The problem seems to be corrected now.  smile  And the most interesting part is an Indian and a Pakistani discussing about this in a forum like this smile

Its about respect of rational nationality which we believe and after all blood is red indeed smile

Yes!! After all everyone is human and as you said blood is red  smile  smile  Happy that you took part in this discussion. Thanks Junaid smile

You are welcome bro smile

5. joanveronica profile image86
    joanveronicaposted 5 years ago

Hi, congratulations to both of you, this is an interesting conversation! Greetings from Chile. Have a good day! (For Melly and for Junaid)

Thanks a lot Joan Veronica smile  Yeah this is really interesting to meet people from different Nations and culture here. You too have a great day !

working