jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

how do i get my posting published?

1. kc-go-getter profile image38
    kc-go-getterposted 5 years ago

can SOMEBODY help me get my posting published? it seems sufficient to me but it says "substandard". what do i do? any tips? im tryin to get paid!

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Who said it was sub standard ? Did you see this when you tried to publish it.  If you did not complete all the steps suchas  "summary"  and "tags" it will indicate "substandard."

kc-go-getterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They published it a few mins ago and I'm already in a debate about the election process! Lol

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Postings do not happen until you pass the 'quality assessment' hmm you are in put in 'pending' mode until assessment is done within next 24 hours. If you have substandard material it won't get posted until it's revised.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

read the issues in the notice and make the changes as needed.

thanks dame and linda. so basically i wait for a review if it says substandard? will i get a detailed email or notification?

how will i know if its excepted?

4. LindaSmith1 profile image59

Because it will be published.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image59

You mentioned Get Paid. I hope you realize that you have to earn 50 bucks before you receive any payment.

thats cool. im ready to get started

can u give me an opinion of my posts? any tips?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

And the fact you call them postings might be part of the problem. You should aim for articles that are at least 300 words long, with proper grammar and readable English (not that yours aren't but we can't see them because they are unpublished). They also can't be too personal.

thanks, sir. articles sound a lot more professional

7. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

If your article has a substandard warning on it, there could be a few reasons why.

1) Maybe the article is too short and needs more content. As Uninvited Writer mentioned, no less than 300 words but you can always aim for higher.
    2) You need to break up your paragraphs so the hub looks attractive and easy to follow.
    3) Proper use of the English language. Grammar and spelling.
    4) Check through for errors.

When you have gone through and make sure your hub is ready, resubmit it for publishing. You wait for 24 hours for it to be published.

You get paid when your earnings reach $50. You may not see any or much on your account for quite some time. Writers do not get up front payment from their articles. They earn though ad impressions. You need quite a few articles and good amount of organic traffic in order to reach payout.

Good luck and Welcome to Hubpages!

is it just me or is hub pages too finicky about publishing articles?

8. LindaSmith1 profile image59

If you expect anything to happen for the hub you are trying to get published to happen over the week-end, you can almost forget it. With some of the hub quality I continue to see, HP is not getting better, but getting worse, epesically in the way it is treating writers.

i c. i was told that 300 words is mandatory but yet i see plenty short articles.

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
        galleryofgraceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can reasonably expect to get paid in about a year.

working