jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

No ads

1. the clean life profile image80
    the clean lifeposted 5 years ago

I just published my 374th hub and there are no ads at all in the hub. has HP changed something by waiting 24 hours and does that include posting ads on your hub?

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

And this showed up when I hit reply. "This Forum Thread is Inactive
      No one has posted in this forum thread for over two months. Please DO NOT reply to this thread UNLESS you have truly new information to add to this conversation. Consider creating a new forum thread instead."

HP, I'm starting to worry about you... big_smile

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image93
        Marina Lazarevicposted 5 years agoin reply to this

paradigmsearch - that's sounds like a bug as the clean life opened this thread 2 days ago. Just to be sure: that message popped up when you tried to reply to THIS thread? smile

Yep, I also noticed at the time that the reply count remained at zero, though my name as the replier was listed. Was a one shot thing, hasn't happened again. Probably a vorpal was ambling by one of your servers at the time.

Edit: Something made me go look. The reply count is still one off. So there was indeed a vorpal at the time, or a static discharge, or who knows what.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I noticed that on my 'idled' hubs. No Ads hmm

Yep, ads make google go look at the hub to see what it's about. So HP now disables them to reduce the chance of the noindex tag being discovered. Thus possibly giving you more time to fix things and being re-featured before google even knows about the change in status.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image89
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Newly published hubs have to be quality checked before ads appear. This detracts from revenue making possibilities as new hubs tend to receive many views when they first appear. I therefore, do not post links on PinCred it,Scoop.it, Twitter, or Facebook until they are approved. Plus some of these sites do not allow you to re-post links Something else I have noticed, if you tweak a hub or make any changes it will go to the review process and ads become disabled until  it passes the quality check.......................hmm

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

True about newly published hubs but some of us are 'old' timers tongue lol we've essentially been totally blacked out online. No hubs. No ads. No earnings. No traffic just because we had low traffic for topics that are not 'fluff' tongue

I'm seeing ads on your turbine hub. So I think you must still be somewhat loved. big_smile

2. That Grrl profile image73
      That Grrlposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't appreciate or need the extra work of keeping every Hub active in order to have it run ads and be findable. I don't really care about all the points of SEO and what Google does when it rolls over in it's sleep. I post here to be read, to get some extra attention for things I care about and the bit of money coming in is nice... but it sure isn't enough to keep the lights on. I get annoyed when HP suggests we add videos to post. Watching videos costs ME more money than I earn here. If they expect me to post  and pay for videos they could at least keep the posts I write active.

working