jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)

Accolades Missing.

1. kathleenkat profile image82
    kathleenkatposted 5 years ago

Yesterday, I received the "Level IV Commenter" accolade. Today, it is gone.

Additionally, a couple months ago, I received the "Great HubPages Citizen" accolade, and the next day it was gone.

Why are my accolades disappearing? I can understand how I can suddenly become an 'unworthy' of the 'great citizen' award, but how can the comments thing disappear? Are the comment that I made, which were previously considered 'good' comments, now considered bad for some reason?

Anybody else missing accolades?

1. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Out of curiosity, I checked some of people I follow that I know to be heavy commenters and they are all missing their commenter accolade.  Mine too is missing.

1. Gotridame profile image61
        Gotridameposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. livewithrichard profile image86
          livewithrichardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The conspiracy is unraveling... the accolades are back...

2. Dan W Miller profile image84
      Dan W Millerposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Just downright rude, impolite and inconsiderate isn't it? See my forum uh LEGITIMATE GRIPE I posted recently.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13423475.jpg

1. WryLilt profile image90
        WryLiltposted 9 months agoin reply to this

The thread you replied to is four years old. Bumping old posts makes it confusing for people who might think it's a current topic. Please bump your own thread where you're receiving legitimate answers.

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

This has happened to me on occasion. I've invariably found them under my keyboard. After their nap, they will return. Leastwise that's how it's been with mine. big_smile

kathleenkatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I suspect that they are in hibernation...

But seriously, HubPages: Dafuq?

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I think some of my are gone to, but really don't care since they serve no purpose.

I think I noticed because I only had 8 of them...well, 7 now. They fit quite uniformly on my feed page, and it was a noticeable difference this morning.

4. JMcFarland profile image89
    JMcFarlandposted 5 years ago

I actually just noticed (due to this post) that my Level 1 Commenter seal-y thingie is gone too.  Weird.  Maybe they're getting rid of the commenter accolades?

Perhaps.

If that is the case, I find it strange that they would not announce it prior to doing so. Then again, this would not be the first instance of HubPages changing features without announcement.

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And because of your post, I also went and checked. Yep, my awesome Level I status comment accolade has also taken a hike. I knew I should have put a GPS ankle bracelet on the thing, but I just never got around to it. Lately, HP has been doing stuff every week here these days.

1. JMcFarland profile image89
        JMcFarlandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

hmmm...gps.  That's an idea.  I want my nifty little sealy back.  it was pretty and served no purpose at all - but it did give me that warm fuzzy feeling. 

Maybe that was the beer, though.

1. paradigmsearch profile image94

Warm and fuzzy is good... big_smile

Congrats on the rising star one, btw. First one of those I've come across. smile

1. JMcFarland profile image89
            JMcFarlandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks!  I have no idea how I pulled that one off, but it's pretty and shiny regardless. 

Until that one disappears, too.

2. lanablackmoor profile image90
        lanablackmoorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My newly earned Level 1 Commenter accolade was gone when I checked this morning, too. I'm pretty sure I still only write comments when I've read a hub thoroughly and have something to say about it, so I'm going to assume we're missing these because of a glitch rather than a change in quality. smile It's good (for lack of a better word) to know that it's not just me!

3. Millionaire Tips profile image94
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

Mine is missing too.  I make lots of comments and have been commenting quite a bit lately, so it is doubtful that I dropped below 0.

I wonder if they removed it because they don't want to encourage us to comment so much on other hubs.  Maybe if we comment on someone's hub who isn't doing well, we are getting inferior backlinks.  Or we are providing inferior links to the better hubs.  Maybe they just want us to spend more time writing quality hubs.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Those sound like accolades that depend on maintaining a certain level of activity.  If you dip below that, they go away.

I don't think so, seeing as I made absolutely zero comments between posting this, and when the accolade came back.

5. kathleenkat profile image82
      kathleenkatposted 5 years ago

Omg it's back...what is going on here?!

6. JMcFarland profile image89
      JMcFarlandposted 5 years ago

not only are they back, but I'm now a level 2 commenter, instead of a 1.  Go figure.  Promotion.

1. paradigmsearch profile image94

I'm still Level One. Tough town, the internet...

1. lanablackmoor profile image90
          lanablackmoorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My Level 1 came back, too! smile Congrats on the promotion, JMcFarland.

working