jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How do you deal with homesickness?

1. eheeempoy profile image58
    eheeempoyposted 5 years ago

Hello! I've been away for a month now. I am currently working overseas with a 2-year contract and I am only allowed to go back to my country after my contract. I've been feeling homesickness since I came here. Can you share me tips on how to deal homesickness and how to avoid it? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Look for expats. Google expats living wherever you are living. There are lots of expat sites on the web.

eheeempoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The place wherein I can find Filipinos like me is far away from where I work and live and transportation here is very hard. You can seldom see buses from here to the city. Thank you so much for your response smile

2. kathyinmn profile image62
    kathyinmnposted 5 years ago

You will only be gone for 2 years, and believe me that really will fly by.

Meanwhile, you like taking photos, start a scrap book of the country you’re in so you can show it to people when you get home.

Try buying little things for your friends and family and send it to them. They will know that you are thinking of them.

While you’re exploring the country you’re in, keep an eye out for something that reminds you of home, like a park or something like that. Lastly, invite a family member or a friend to come and visit you for a week or so.

This is a time that should be exciting for you. It’s someplace new to explore and new to experience. Once you start making friends, you won’t be so lonely

eheeempoyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi kathyinmn, thank you so much for responding. In as much as I would like to explore, transportation here is very hard and the place is very far from tourist spots or malls, I feel like being jailed. I also do not have friends and families here. Thank you so much for your encouragement, I really appreciate it.

working