Problem with my latest Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. craiglyn profile image52
    craiglynposted 11 years ago

There are two problems with my latest hub.  Last night when I was setting it up I noticed that after entering my title and then the category that I wanted it to fit in,  there was no place to enter the tag words -  my next choice was simply to  "continue".  So I went ahead and wrote my hub thinking to put the tag words in on the actual hub.    Well, there was no area to enter the extra tag words, as there usually is.   I went ahead and published it  - and noticed immediately that there is also "no advertising".      This morning I did a fake mockup of another hub  - and again at the beginning there is no area to enter "tag words".    Has this happened to anyone else???

1. bac2basics profile image86
      bac2basicsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lynda. I saw someone else has just asked the same question. If you donĀ“t get a satisfactory response try searching the questions for an answer or contact HP staff.

craiglynposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Anne,  I'll do that.   But I wonder what's going on with the advertising?   No Google ads on my latest hub - and that's the first time and no indicated on my summary that they have been disabled.  Strange.  I may have to contact staff as you say.

2. sleepylog profile image59
      sleepylogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ads won't appear until your hub has been approved.

Oh,  I thought on previous hubs the ads were there right away,  but obviously I am wrong.   I will check when it is approved.  Thanks.

2. Marketing Merit profile image94
    Marketing Meritposted 11 years ago

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but there is a thread by Simone about tags and the RSS capsule being dropped. You may want to check this out incase it relates to your problem Craiglyn.

Thanks -  how do I search for the article by Simone. Sorry  - I'm still a newbie  - kind of.   If they drop tags, how do our hubs show up on search engines, I wonder?

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Tags are not longer part of HP - see blog entry:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/12/phasin … s-capsule/

Thank you  - I will check this out.    I wonder why though I had no Google ads on this hub  - maybe they didn't like my hub  - LOL.

1. SimeyC profile image88
            SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you get Ads on a hub until it is out of Pending status...

I'll check back when it is approved.  I just may have caused all this hoopla for nothing  - : )

2. craiglyn profile image52

And thanks for the hub about tags!!  : )

3. snlee profile image68
    snleeposted 11 years ago

Go to edit mode and check on SETTINGS to ensure that it has been set as "Ads On" status in case it is Off,,,,,,

Ads are "on" so I'll wait until it is approved and then check it again.  Someone else suggested ads don't go on until the hub is approved but I could have sworn that my previous hubs had ads on right away.  Of course I could be wrong!

4. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

The tags and RSS capsules have been dropped. Now the tags will be generated automatically based on the content in the hub. How this will affect the hub traffic and rankings in Google search results will have to be seen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)