jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I have a hub I published a month ago, still uncrawled by google.

1. Rain Defence profile image95
    Rain Defenceposted 4 years ago

Is this a record? I published it on the 22nd of Nov. Still unread by google, along with everything else I've published since. That's nearly a month in lingo, obviously getting no views apart from the initial few straight after publishing from HP.
    This isn't ideal, I have no idea when google will visit. I remember the days when I could publish a hub and have it in google the same day. If this is down to this noindex while pending business, it would be great if something could be done about it. Who knows when google and the rest of the world will see my latest stuff? Does anyone think waiting a month or more before being indexed is a good thing?

1. AMFredenburg profile image79
      AMFredenburgposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How can you tell if a hub has been crawled? I wouldn't have a clue.

1. Rain Defence profile image95
        Rain Defenceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have google toolbar installed. There is a feature on there that allows you to check when a page was cached by google. If it hasn't been cached by google yet, then it is invisible to searches. You just need to install google toolbar and then enable the pagerank button. This button also allows you to instantly check the pagerank of any page that you're currently viewing as it automatically updates while you browse. Useful for backlinking.
        Anyway, I published my hub on the 25/11/12 which is over 5 weeks ago. It has still not been picked up by google so obviously gets 0 views.

2. SimeyC profile image97
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Do you have a google webmaster account? If not you should set one up and as soon as the hub becomes featured go and submit them to be indexed - makes the process a lot quicker. I did this even before the 'idling' process came along.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

1. AMFredenburg profile image79
      AMFredenburgposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I looked at this and found that we're supposed to put some HTML code into the page's HTML, which is something we're not really allowed to do; am I misunderstanding this? How does someone go about verifiying a domain? Do you have to do this for each Hub?

1. SimeyC profile image97
        SimeyCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you need to do this - I know I didn't...I'll do some research - I believe someone has written a hub about this!

2. Rain Defence profile image95
      Rain Defenceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I do have one, I'll give this a try, thanks.

working