Can someone read your hub after you have published it, while you ...

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (93 posts)
  1. homesteadbound profile image81
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

.... are doing subsequent editing?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
      Jerrico Usherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yea and if it was published for more than a few days and google bots crawled it, and you unpublish it, they can see what 'was" there by clicking "view cached copy" in google search results... They won't see your edits until you publish it, they only see the live cached copy before edits- in other words they don't see your edits in real time even though HP backs up your work as you go it doesn't go live till published.

homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

Your very welcome smile

2. Jerrico Usher profile image57

Just to add some more wisdom to my answer- I recently ran into a problem where I accidentally deleted a capsule with no way to get it back but I hadn't yet saved the page by clicking "done editing"- in a last minute thought- I realized nothing is "saved" to the public profile until you do that and the was able to open a new tab then loaded a new hubpages page, went into my accounts and filtered down to the unpublished hubs and found the one I was working on. I loaded the hub and low and behold the data was still there. This only works, of course if what you lost was there before your last save or edit, but I thought it a great tip worth sharing- it saved me hours of work!

that is great to know. I have deleted something and then wanted and "oops" button to hit. I had to redo all the work. This is great! an  "oops" button!

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
            Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's another cute trick.  If you deleted some text by accident but you didn't leave the capsule yet, you can press ctrl-Z and it will go back to the last text. If you made 10 changes, you press cntl-Z 10 times to go all the way back. This works even if you passed the auto save timing because the memory of your changes are saved in your browser locally. This works on Firefox. I didn't try it on other browsers.

I've been logging all the tricks I've been discovering (by trial and error) over the years to create some great hubpages tips and tricks tutorials and hubs (hub then tutorial video showing the tips), I've logged about a hundred cool tactics so far. Theres a lot you can do with capsules features if you synergize them smile won't let the cat out of the bag just yet but the series I'm creating is called "Hub Ninja: The series" lol, they unpublished my "Pimp Your Hub" with similar tips in the early days so this is the comeback (it was unpublished due to a pixilatged image I couldn't figure out which one it was lol)... my point is if you have any hub tips write a hub and link me to it smile you seem to have a bunch (I knew the ctrl+z one) My favorite ones are the formatting tricks for making your page look different...

@Jerrico Usher - I look forward to reading your series.

@lenn Stok - The first three (two with videos) published last night, just go to my profile and look for the "Hub Ninja" series... I have been bunching 4-5 together per video....

I will be heading over there shortly!

2. Debby Bruck profile image66
                Debby Bruckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi ~ This has also been my problem when reviewing Hubpages that require editing. (it was unpublished due to a pixilatged image I couldn't figure out which one it was lol).

We need to know which images are considered pixilated and which videos have watermarks. As it is now, we must review the entire Hub and search for any that might be causing problems. The good thing today is that we get a special warning notice at the top of the page in the "EDIT" mode. Thanks for all your HINTS and TIPS.

agreed, that ambiguous crap is frustrating- they can point out the dead links with highlighting why can't they surround an image with one or even remove the image all together as we won't be able to "fix" that???

1. Debby Bruck profile image66

Slowly, and I hope, surely, we will learn what is acceptable and was is prohibited. I'm doing my best to figure it out. Maybe we need some Hubpages 'conferences' whereby people can join in and get demos, ask questions, and see illustrations of what works and what doesn't. All of this can be recorded and posted for our group edification. Blessings, Debby

2. homesteadbound profile image81

it works on explorer.I do it frequently.

There are numerous T-shirt designs for CTRL Z lol, one was "..why doesn't ctrl z work for everything in life?" lol

3. homesteadbound profile image81

Glenn - I frequently use Control Z. It is one of my favorites.

2. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

Yes. If your hub is published it's live even if you are in the process of editing it.

3. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

Yes indeed, I find publishing hubs & frequent editing of them very convenient.  Since the modules provided are so user friendly, make sure to refresh your browser every once and a while for things to take full effect.  I find that it helps me sometimes in anything hub related or blog related as well.

What do you mean by refreshing your browser? How do you go about doing this? I know, it's a silly question, but I thought the one I asked originally that started this thread was going to be considered silly.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hit F5

Thanks!

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

A published hub is published online material. Everyone has access to it.

5. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 12 years ago

Hmmm... I both like and dislike the answer--glad you asked this q!  smile

6. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

If you are editing a Hub that is published, anyone who views it in their browser will see the changes you are making while you are working on it if they keep refreshing their browser. But let's say they just clicked on your hub at the moment when you have half your updates done. They will see the present state of it all. You may not want that to happen. Read on...

Once while helping another Hubber make some changes to his hub over the phone, I told him to save the capsule he just changed. Then I refreshed my browser and I could see his changes. He didn't have to click "done editing" yet. Just saving the capsule made it available. That means that if Google were to crawl the hub just at that moment they would pick up the changes too.

If you are working on updating several capsules of a hub and you don't want the intermediate work to be viewed, then unpublish the hub before updating it. When all done you can publish it again.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ya know... I'd always assumed that when I was editing a hub, that the previous version was still live while I was editing; and then immediately replaced when I was Done.

I decided to go and actually check.

So I put a hub in edit mode, diddled with it, but did not press the Done Editing button.

I then google searched it.

Guess What!?!

I WAS WRONG!!!

Yes, your hub is still available to everyone while you are in editing mode and re-editing it. That was as expected.

But here is the surprise. Your editing is going out live even before you press the Done Editing button!!!

And I checked this while signed out and cache cleared.

* When I came back here to post this message, I saw Glenn's post. He is exactly right!

paradigmsearch - thanks for the great answer. We're all learning together.

2. shogan profile image78
        shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's potentially frightening, if you're goofing around with the editing.

hmm must've been just good timing on my side then- I did notice when I went back on another hub I was working on the changes (and lost data) were there and I hadn't hit the done editing button- crap crap crap- that's kind of a dumb feature to publish while IN edit mode! I suppose it's part of the backup feature which isn't so much a backup as it is an instantly publish feature- now that I think about it you can't go grab a backup copy of anything in a capsule so why call it back up? This also confirms the theory as you can see it when the capsule "backs up" your content- so really it's a publish being called back-up... sigh

3. Jerrico Usher profile image57

hey just for giggles, if you didn't want to have your edits post i.e. in a capsule you have open and are writing in and you don't want it to auto-save, couldn't you turn your internet connection off while working on it so it can't send that update packet? smile I thought about this because in my old place the internet was so intermittent that i'd be working on a hub for an hour before I realized the internet wasn't  connected and when I got it back up I hit save and all worked- of course that was before the new updating feature was implemented...

A much easier method to avoid the problem is to do the editing with your own editor. I use MS Word. Then all that's involved is to copy and paste the updated text into the specific capsule.

I also get the advantage of spell checking, grammar checking, and synonym lookup while I'm updating. I use the synonym lookup whenever I find myself getting too redundant with using similar words too often. So I look for an alternative way to say things. But I'm getting off subject here. wink

Good Answer. I will often do this across the internet when commenting on other blogs, etc. in case the data is lost.

yea and don't forget to hit the capsule button called "HTML" and click "Clean HTML" as word tends to add problematic code in there.

I notice HP is pretty good at fixing this but sometimes the code stays buggy in the respect that you see big honking spaces between each paragraph in the capsule when you save it.

You can fix this with the HTML/clean method. I do this just as a practice with word documents. In other places off hubpages these WYSIWYG editors have a button specifically for word document code cleaning, you hit it and enter the pasted text that way and save and it strips off anything non standard i.e. words propitiatory and very messy code.

Even in a word document this code is added only apparently when you paste it into a web form to discover it's mal formatted- again HP had an auto clean feature for most of it but those darn spaces (even with the button on other sites the spaces issue is a problem).

Debby, I do that too, I used to just buffer it (highlight right click copy) but sometimes I get distracted and don't paste it right away and copy something else I need and lose it forever (there are programs that can create multi-tiered copy windows so that doesn't happen). As a rule I generally write my hubs in word FIRST, it's just easier to see and has an auto save feature too (you set it in options>save tab>save every [1] minute).

I also like to have a copy of the draft BEFORE I paste it into multiple capsules just in case ANYTHING gets lost, has happened plenty of times! so at least I never have to start from scratch.

Glenn, yes words spell check is much more thorough and includes grammar check (which on occasion asks me to write in ebonics i.e. where I say "They are going to..." the grammar check says it should be "They is going to..." LOL I'm thinking of making a tips video on how to write the hub then paste it into one text capsule then cut it into several more... new hubbers could benefit I think...

Using the "Clean HTML" button is a great idea!  I use it when I play with making my own ordered or numbered lists that include sub-lists within them. HP doesn't handle sub-lists very well, but they do allow the HTML code to be manipulated so I can make it right.

As for avoiding embedded buggies and such that come from MS Word, I actually take an extra step of copying from Word and pasting into Notepad. Then I copy from Notepad and paste into the text capsule. It comes out really neat and clean that way. I feel it's worth the extra step. But I like your idea too.

I accidentally made a sub list once and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to produce it on purpose- I didnt even think to try building it in word then transferring it over then cleaning the code- awesome! *click* added to the list.

You're going to have an awesome list when all this is over!

I know, it's already to the point I have to scroll past everythign when I load the text file, and I'm on a 22" screen with the highest resolution going!

I also type my articles in notepad and use the PLAIN TEXT option to remove formatting.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
                  FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've never done that before. I shall try that next time. smile

Hello dear Flora. It is the most basic application on your desk top and comes in handy because of its simplicity and uses the least amount of memory. It also has the potential to keep formatting and links. Hugs, Debby

I have typed them in word and then pasted them into notepad before going into other applications to remove formatting.

Pleased to meet you Jerrico ~
            I use many of these techniques myself. I have even written a number of Hubpages tutorials to share the best way to work with formatting and improving you life here. I often use the HTML options to clean up the text. Your plan to help newbies sounds like a rewarding venture.

I was surprised to learn that the first 10-50 hubs is just for practice and Hubbers won't earn, because many have said they do receive income even on their very first Hubpages blog. Debby

P.S. Perhaps you can expound of this point: "Granted the hubs about hubs don't always earn as hubbers rarely click ads but for a newbie whose starting out and wants to learn more and crystallize it."

It is my understanding that we get demerits for clicking any advertising on Hubpages. This means that Hubbers DO NOT CLICK ANY ADS. Thus, only persons searching from outside this community click. Is this correct? 

1. profile image0
              Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ideally, yes. In reality, no.

I don't ever click any advertisements. Please explain 'in reality no' ...
                If there was something of interest, then would it be acceptable to click?
                I mean you actually might purchase something or learn something new.
                Of course, letting out a non-secret, you can copy the link and paste in a new browser window.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't go anywhere near ads on HubPages, either. There are people arguing both ways. Invariably, the experts come out as saying: Never, ever click on other Hubbers' ads. One reason - although far from the only one - is that a Hubber could end up clicking on their own ads unwittingly because of the URL tracker system. In reality, some Hubbers do in fact click on ads.

You can legally (by google and HP terms of service) click ads on OTHER people's hubs but not on your own. More accurately you can click other peoples PUBID ads but not your own for obvious reasons. Another persons hubs are no different than other sites on the web that you visit with ads on them. It's often thought of as taboo only because we fear clicking our own and we all know what happens then. One time I actually clicked an ad BECAUSE THE AD SPOKE TO MY INTRESTS and it didn't hit me (I was bedazzled) that I was clicking my own pages ad! lol, irony?

The problem with clicking ads on other hubs as Website examiner said is that if you do it habitually in any way, it could look bad on YOU like your just clicking ads for the hell of it- secondly if you click ads for real reasons i.e. like I did (but on someone elses hub not your own!) then you may forget that your on hubpages and that you may be looking at an ad on YOUR OWN PAGE- this wouldn't be good. Rule of thumb though, Google counts an ad usually as a valid click when the person stays on the page it links to for 15 seconds so if you do accidentally click an ad and realize it's on your own hub- RUN! the faster you get off that page the better it looks for you (I'm sure they realize once in a while it happens)... it makes me wonder why hubpages puts ads in our utility pages, why would anyone click those not knowing if it's using your PUB? or not?

The bottom line is:

1. It's legitimate to click an ad on another hubbers hub or more precicely of a PUB ID not your own

2. It's something you shouldn't do just because but only if you see something you really really want to check out. Even then I tend to just copy the url showing on the ad and go there manually- better safe than sorry.

3. The reason the hubs about hubs don't earn is the fear factor- for all the reasons above hubbers eitehr aren't sure it's ok, or they are afraid to- or they are afraid of it making them make a mistake later clicking an ad on their own hubs (i.e. when editing a hub or reading your own hub and forgetting the ads are yours)... you may get lucky if you accidentally click an ad, because it may be HUBPAGES page view thus PUB ID, smile

I write the hubs about hubs strictly to help other hubbers and to possibly build a bigger fan base. People on HP love to befan people who have actually useful hubs about hubs so it has a real use beyond just click income. Also it ups your hub count and as Paul (one of the HP staff) said, hub count (how many hubs you've published) do count TOWARDS your hub score. Hub score gives you some internal traffic I believe so that's always good.

I actually suggest that people write these "charity" hubs about hubpages tips because it adds to your count but it also serves to show your community support but as a new hubber you should do this as both practice and to learn.

One way is to mine the forum for great helper threads and rewrite the data into a cohesive hub to crystallize it in your head and to help your fellow hub fans.

So does that mean I can claim what you just wrote? LOL

I know that I REALLY REALLY took everyone way off topic. But, seems to be some interest about clicking advertisements - making them legal or a no-no!

You know, I have seen some things on other people's hubs that I might have been interested in, but like you I was scared to click on them. I don't know if I could or not.
                    Just asking, but what if I logged out of hubpages and read a hub without logging in. Could I order from it then? But it would have the same paypal account which could get me into trouble.

7. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 12 years ago

Ahhh--thanks much Glenn Stock!

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I think Glenn's post should be stuck in a FAQ somewhere. This is important, need-to-know info.

@paradigmsearch - Thanks for your kind remarks and for the verification. I just enjoy sharing any knowledge that might help others. Same as you do. Thanks again.

Thank you so much Glenn. I appreciate your taking the time to share your knowldge.

You're welcome. Like you said, we all learn from one another.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
            Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd always wondered about this, too.

Additionally, if we were to unpublish a hub while doing a revision, and then re-publish, wouldn't we lose something in ranking of the hub by changing the date of publication?

That's a good question. And I don't have the answer. I never unpublished to make changes. I just am careful not to let silly intermittent changes appear to anyone who might be looking at the moment I'm editing. I know that doesn't always work since the auto save will make it go live anyway while I'm working on it. If I add a whole new section, it's fast because I write it beforehand and then just paste it.

Anyway, the point I want to make is that I never did it so I don't know if the publication date gets reset when you republish.  But now that you asked, I'm curious and I'll have to test that someday. Or hopefully someone else can answer that.

One time I was having problems and I stated in a forum that I had unpublished a hub, and someone did come back and tell me it wasn't a good idea for the exact things that rochelle frank has stated.

It doesn't it remains the same as the original publish date. the only thing that would change that would be rebuilding the hub. Keep in mind the url that is created is the main anchor of the hub that can't change and I think the publish date is tied to it  (I'm guessing) but I've unpublished many hubs and the date never changed on them.

2. profile image0
              writeronlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I regularly unpublish Hubs when I'm revising them. And I revise them quite often. Including titles, subheads, text content, images, tags, summaries, HP categories.

My rationale has always been (in the absence of really knowing...) that when the HP platform auto-saves my 'work in progress' changes, that creates the risk that a reader (hah, like there's thousands at any one time..lol), could be faced with a very disjointed piece.

In my experience, when I do make changes, the Hubscore often *increases* rather than decreasing, or remaining static. Presumably because (I read somewhere) the HP system rewards contributors for freshening / updating existing Hubs.

As Jerrico Usher says above, the original published date remains constant, and isn't (in my experience) compromised by unpublishing. That may be a function of only a short time spent unpublished, (changes generally take me an hour, max), but I did unpublish a hub once for a week or so, and the original publication date remained intact when I reinstated it.

I'm learning much more than I'm contributing to this topic, but unpublishing is something I have had some experience with, so I offer it for what it's worth....

writeronline - This is all very useful additional information for this thread. Thanks for filling us in on your experience with HubScores potentially increasing due to updating hubs.

An interesting thing I also discovered is that the HubScore increases while I am working on a new Hub if I don't publish it right away. I have no idea what algorithm is responsible for that. But it's a nice trick to start off with something higher than 50, which is what every hub starts at if you publish it immediately upon creation.

By the way, when you unpublish for a week, as you mentioned you did once, have you monitored your Google ranking too?  I'd be curious to know if it starts over building up since Google may have de-listed the hub by then. Or do they "hold on" to the previous ranking and reestablish it when their bot finds your hub is back online? Inquiring minds want to know.  smile

I am writing a hub about this thread right now. Will be published shortly. It is titled, When Editing a Hub, What Do Your Readers See?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is the most awesome thread I've seen in quite some time. Your idea to write a hub on it was a good one. Congrats!

http://homesteadbound.hubpages.com/hub/ … eaders-See

I will also be promoting this thread and the hub in my weekly hub luv hub.

This is an EXCELLENT Thread of information about what's happening while you are editing, with lots more from other Hubbers to make this a complete FAQ conversation.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97

I noticed you already got that hub done. Wow that was quick!  I just read it and I must say you are marvelous. Not only did you document all the useful information everyone had been offering, but you also welcome other Hubbers to join in on the discussion. Very well done. I hope it gets picked up for Hub Of The Day. The info is very important for everyone to know.

Thank you.  I have since added, "Potential drawbacks to unpublishing your hub is also addressed in the forum." to the end of the hub to address things that have continued to happen in this forum.
          Thanks for all your help.

You know, you bring up indirectly a brilliant point I'm adding to my book on the tips section- you can mine the forum for hubs to write information.

Granted the hubs about hubs don't always earn as hubbers rarely click ads but for a newbie whose starting out and wants to learn more and crystallize it. 

By summarizing (not quoting) things they read in their forum mining process, They can use this to simultaneously learn the hub tactics but also get their writing hubs and rewriting information researched skillsets going.

They can also become a helpful hubber to the community and adding the first 10-50 hubs I think is the "no earnings" period of hubbing so making money shouldn't be the goal- learning the site, developing the skillset and so forth should.

Thanks for bringing my mind to that conclusion! I'm trying to help new hubbers and this will be a neat way to do it.

3. Jerrico Usher profile image57

It is.... Homesteadbound made a hub about it (his, mine, others tips) and we've continued this conversation in the hub LOL

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

I wonder if the same thing happens when we are composing a new forum post?

Answer is no.

Does the same thing happen when we are editing an existing forum post?

I am checking that now.

And the answer is...

Appears the answer is no.

10. paradigmsearch profile image60

Someone else can check what happens when we are editing our profiles. smile

Changing a profile or editing a forum post is not available until you actually click to save it. The thing that's different with editing a hub is that each capsule has it's own save button.

While we're on the subject, if one is busy moving hubs around within their groups, from one group to another, then the changes as not available while they are working on it. The changes only appear when they click the save button at the bottom of the group list.

I'm always adjusting my groups because it helps with traffic.

Actually glen the issue that's different is that hubs/capsules have an auto backup/publish feature in them while the forum posts and the profile pages are exempt from that feature thus they don't publish until YOU publish them. The capsules, however, publish every minute or so as a way to back up your work should you screw up- but really your backup appears on your live page or saved page. If you get to your saved/live page before the capsule updates you can retrieve your old data before changes i.e. deleted capsule- but try doing that with a one minute window and not knowing when the minute started LOL...

So it's not the save button that differentiates the two (hub vs forum post or profile edit screen) but rather the auto update feature called a backup...

That's interesting. And another important part of all this. It makes sense though. Since the auto save in a capsule is simply the same as pressing the save button, just some for you every minute.  So your changes are continually becoming available for anyone to see. Thanks for adding that. I never thought about that one.  It all goes back to the issue... if y9ou don't want people to see your changes while you are working on it, you need to unpublish first. Then edit. Then publish again. I guess it's the only way.

AHA! Didn't think about that idea! So if it's live and editing it will go live, but if it's unpublished edits are secure... that makes sense since when I recovered my content that time way up there in the beginning of this thread my hub had not yet been published (ever) so it wasn't live in the first place...

11. homesteadbound profile image81

Thank all of you for answering this. I was off busy and just now got back to it. This is great information to know.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

I did an "oops" the other day. I successfully recovered my deleted text from the google cache. An oldie but goodie that people have a tendency to forget. smile

Yea, as a writer (freelance) I would often get people giving me url's to their sites that they unpublished (and linked me to?) and I'd use the GC to find the content that "used to be" up there... little things like this are a god send... also if anyone is using Firefox the plug in called Lazarus is a godsend. It records text in any form/capsule and saves it (encrypted) so if you accidentally delete something you just right click in the box or one similar to it and choose the last or several back saves. It's the backup concept I wish hubpages had, but with the plug in you don't need it. It's saved me thousands of times (and it's free).

13. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 12 years ago

Gee homesteadbound, I'm glad you asked this question.

I only dropped by to idly confirm (to myself) what I thought was the 'obvious / simple / clear' answer.

But, it's not.

So many clever tricks and new things to learn...

Thanks Jerrico Usher, Glenn Stok and paradigmsearch for sharing your knowledge.

14. prektjr.dc profile image73
    prektjr.dcposted 12 years ago

I too only read to confirm what I thought, but WOW!  Lots of great information!  Thanks to all the contributors!  Great Question lent to great answers!  Thanks again!

15. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

The publication date does not get reset when re-publishing. However, a lengthy offline period could cost the Google ranking.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK, that's what I was thinking about. On the other hand, I'm not usually editing in hubs that re already ranked well-- more likely I will change those that  need a boost in ranking. Thanks.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97

Yes! Absolutely. If Google happens to scan the Hub while it is down, it will be de-listed.

I'm glad you brought this up because it reminds me of an important thing I discovered with my own site. I wrote a program on my server that sends me an email whenever a Search Engine bot hits a page so I can track bots in real time. I have noticed from this that whenever I edit a page, I see Google checking it out almost immediately!

When I first saw this unusual activity I was wondering what triggered them to do that? I came to the conclusion that the only way they knew I was working on it was because I had their code in each page for Analytics and that code must alert their bot to visit.

So if that is happening on my site, then it's probably happening on HubPages too. Which means that if you unpublish just to edit as we had been discussing in this thread, then it can have a negative consequence.

Good information to know!

1. carol3san profile image59
          carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All interesting facts to know.  It doesn't matter much.  When I edit, I usually add a few more facts....not to eliminate anything.

16. profile image0

Logged in or not doesn't matter, as Google recognizes location and IP address.

If someone uses a URL tracker, they may end up clicking on their own AdSense PUB-ID on someone else's hub. Lots of people use these trackers, so if Hubbers click on ads on a significant scale, invariably some of them will end up clicking on their own ads as these are running on the other Hubber's (referral's) hubs.

That'll keep you from clicking on other people's hubs!

17. profile image0

There are hits and misses.

18. homesteadbound profile image81

I came up with a good solution to this that I just published in a hub - Hub Luv #10 if anyone is interested

19. watergeek profile image94
    watergeekposted 12 years ago

Jeez. Aren't all the great answers to this thread ever going to stop? I have to take a bath!

1. profile image0

Cute!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)