jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Year 2012 ~ It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

For me, for true.

What say you?

As a side note, we all know the title quote, but when I researched it, I came up with this...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way..."

Jeez, life really is an adventure...

What was good for you in 2012?

What was bad for you in 2012?

What do you plan, hope, and expect for 2013?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Emm, what was bad for me, my son was involved in a serious accident. He fell from a balcony and could have died. It was touch and go as to whether he'd need surgery on his brain after fracturing his skull, particularly as there was a couple of small bleeds behind the fracture.

What was good for me, emm, he survived and in the main is doing ok. smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

And now?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
          Hollie Thomasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have decided, very recently, that I am going to take my online endeavors seriously. I am going to spend the free time which I have writing (and other stuff) to grow my income so that it overtakes my other income from work which I no longer wish to do. I will say goodbye Manchester Metropolitan, private clients etc.

2. paradigmsearch profile image92
  3. paradigmsearch profile image92

No posts here...???

4. paradigmsearch profile image92

Rinse it here. I have.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi, pretty tough year for me.  Old man had an accident and was laid up for months.  No money coming in and me doing all the labouring.  Broke my health and put relationships under massive strain.  Still, nobody died and whilst I might have lost a few friends last year, they weren't really friends. We've been through worse. I also got the opportunity to write a documentary script and meet some wonderful people. smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image92

And reread and this thread is closed to me.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what you mean sweetie.

6. starme77 profile image80
    starme77posted 4 years ago

Officially got divorced after over twenty years of hell smile Kept his mother here with me smile  she turned 89 in December smile As many of you know I have had her since 2008, hmmm lets see what else was good, I started writing again smile Started College and am on my way towards my first degee an AA in Business, smile I invented two things of which I am hoping to get the money up for a patent search smile I got a hair cut smile haha, smile smile OOOk , now for the bad, my ex keeps harrassing me sad He drove my daughter up the wall so bad, with all of her other teenage problems, his harrassment on top of that drove her away, she ran away last sumer:(  just before she turned seventeen , However, she does talk to me sometimes on Facebook smile I had to bring in Hospice for my Exe's mother a couple of months ago sad  and I have to go back into court to renew the restraining order next month, I hate court sad and thats about all the bad I can think of cause I am doing everything I can to think positive and stay that way smile Happy New Year everyone smile

7. Stacie L profile image91
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

2012 was a very good year for me..big_smile
    Happy New Year everyone!

working