jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

My First Recipe Hub - Feedback???

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

I published my first recipe hub tonight, and while it's still in QA, I thought I would ask if those recipe hub experts out there would review it for me.  I looked at several recipe hubs, and I took some ideas from them. 

Let me know where I can improve as I hope to make a few more in the coming weeks.  Thanks in advance!!!

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/Gra … 30-Minutes

2. paradigmsearch profile image95
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Imho, it is excellent.

There may or may not be a squawk about the FB link at the bottom. I'm guessing not. But if there is, a simple deletion and you're in business. smile

agilitymachposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A squawk?  Are we not supposed to do that?  I get a lot of my readers off of FB as they are dog agility nuts that are already communicating on FB.  They will see an article of mine shared on FB, but not know how to become a follower without joining Hubpages, which they won't do.  I hope there's no squawk as after putting that in on another article, I've gotten a ton of followers on my FB writers page.

Thank you for your critique!!  I wasn't expecting an "excellent." smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image95
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Awhile back, it would have been a definite no-no. But I've since seen some indications that not so much so now.  Hopefully, it will be alright. smile

Thanks.  I hope it's OK too as it's been such a big help.

3. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

I absolutely love this! Just pinned it to our HubPages Pinterest account and shall be sharing it on our Facebook page later on. It's gorgeous- I love the delicious photos (my mouth is watering) and think your use of the capsules is excellent.

The only thing I might change is the dividers you're using- the seem a bit pixelated and I find the colors to be off-putting, plus it makes the Hub look a bit less professional in my opinion. That's just me though.

All in all, this is AWESOME.

Oh, I'm so glad!!!  Now I feel more comfortable about making more recipe hubs.  I have some more heirloom recipes I want to share.

And I was wondering about my "olive" borders.  They seemed too large, so I'll fix that later. 

Thank you so much for dropping by and letting me know what you think!!!!  AND for pinning and posting too. smile

working