jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

A Quick Permalink Question

1. DanielMarcosi profile image83
    DanielMarcosiposted 4 years ago

I changed the titles on a couple of my hubs a while ago (and changed the tags to match the new titles), totally forgetting that the permalinks would still only contain the original titles.
    Besides my having to remember that some of my hubs have different permalinks than their titles, would there be any other reason to change the titles back to the originals, so that they match the permalinks (e.g. would it help in any of my ratings)?

Thanks.

1. lobobrandon profile image85
      lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nope don't bother changing them back if you feel the new titles would be better off. I changed a few (I guess almost all after some time) and they do pretty well. Just make sure that they're still related.

2. DanielMarcosi profile image83

Do you mean make sure that the new titles and the original titles relate to each other?
    Or do you mean make sure the new titles relate to the hubs?

Of course when you begin a hub the URL is going to relate to the text on the hub right? When you update your hub, see to it that the new Title of the hub relates to the text too.

Say for example your hub "Corruption In The Locksmith Industry" you could change it to "Why is the Locksmith Industry Corrupt" or something on those lines. Note: I didn't read the hub.

3. DanielMarcosi profile image83

Oh yeah, no problem...I changed the titles in the first place because I thought the new titles better related to the text.
    I got it.
    Thanks.

You're welcome smile good luck

working