jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Here We Go Again

1. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 4 years ago

So I'm fooling around with code in my AdSense account and I get this message "You currently have a host-only account, so this ad code will show as a blank space outside of host partner sites. To find out how to get live ads on other websites, please refer to our Help Center." Can someone please explain this to me? Maybe I'm missing something? Have I not done something correctly? PLEASE HELP!

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

According to a fairly new policy introduced by Google, if you apply for Adsense through a host site, such as Hubpages, you will only be able to use that account with that host site or another host site (e.g. Blogger). If you want to use the account on your own independent site, you need to go through a further approval process.

"New publishers approved for AdSense accounts via a host partner site will be able to place ads on and earn from policy-compliant content they’ve created on any host partner site. If they then decide to show ads on their own domain, from today onwards they’ll need to complete an extra approval step similar to the application process at www.google.com/adsense. Please note that publishers who were approved for AdSense accounts before today won't be affected by these changes."

The full notice is here: http://adsense.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/u … -host.html

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Things just keep getting more and more complicated... Depressing...

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I actually consider this move fully justified. It will stop people thinking they can throw up a few lousy hubs here simply to get free rein to plaster Adsense all over their spammy sites. With luck it will keep down some of the rubbish placed here, which drags everyone down with it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Next comes fingerprint ID and registration at your local police station. big_smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image86

And a 4-year college degree from an accredited college or university.

6. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

..your first born child....

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And you are not allowed to have pets in the home-office area.

7. paradigmsearch profile image86

And you have to wear a tie or full-length dress when sitting at the computer. big_smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't have to wear a dress after all?  Rats - I finally got enough AdSense $$ for the matching shoes.  What a waste.

working