jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Help

1. hrymel profile image83
    hrymelposted 4 years ago

I have a hub, that I feel is a quality hub, it is completely original, broken into section, and I think well written, but it keeps getting an idle status. I added a video capsule, updated it a little, and took a link out so that it doesn't have more than two outbound links.

I would appreciate it if someone would take a look at it and let me know if there's something I can do to improve it, or if it's just that it doesn't have a lot search engine capability and I need to work harder at backlinking it.

http://hrymel.hubpages.com/hub/Keep-a-C … IV-Charity

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Try changing some of the headings to more searchable headings (do some keyword research on them too!): Example: Instead of 'basics' have 'What is "Keep a Child Alive"'

Take the definition of HIV and add it to a text box with a decent heading - right align it and 'color' it.

Expand on each of the following programs: treatment, care, orphans, and awareness of HIV/AIDS.

In general you could use sub-headings and bullet points to break the article up a lot more and make it easier to read and find important information...

hrymelposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I've broken what I already had down even further and I'm working on writing more to be able to expand on the stuff you suggested.

2. wjack2010 profile image61
    wjack2010posted 4 years ago

On the first line:

"Keep a Child Aliveis"

Surely, the "is" should have a space before it.

Apart from that, I can't see why it wouldn't be Featured, unless Hubs in that category are already overpopulated for the time-being.

I can't believe I missed that. Well, thanks for checking it out and giving me that heads up.  Maybe I just need to get more traffic to it, and then it would fix itself.

Thanks again.

1. janderson99 profile image83
        janderson99posted 4 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that it is regarded as overly promotional
        Why not fill out the form - I would be fascinated with the response.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie … Mmk1QVE6MQ

It was never flagged as being over promotional, but I did have about 3 links to the charities website.

3. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Add "How To" in front of title and see what happens.

and  "Alive - an"  instead of    "Alive-an"

It's worth a try.

I suspect that the rejection has very little to do with quality. I guess that the software QAP (not human) is reactiing to the "online shop"   [words and link] and triggering an "overly promotional" flag [not a violation though]. Try changing the words (e.g. 'charity outlet') and removing the link (you can always add it back later after getting featured and see what happens).

working