jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Bit annoyed now, views going down

1. wjack2010 profile image61
    wjack2010posted 4 years ago

I posted this yesterday, and spoke to a staff member, but now I've noticed HUGE drops.

Over the past couple hours, I had close to 8,000 total 24 hour views, that has now dropped to just over 6,000.

Seriously, why show 8,000 if it is going to drop to 6,000? Surely each unique visitor is accounted for BEFORE being added to my totals for me to view.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@wjack2010 Fluctuations in traffic are a pretty normal occurrence. 
      Do you have something to indicate the information you are seeing is not accurate?

wjack2010posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not exactly. But how can it fluctuate? Either someone viewed my Hub, or they didn't, there aren't any fluctuations there.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The views are rolling 24 hours.

How does that explain it though?

Say 2 people viewed my Hub on day 1, when the stats update, it should display 2, it cannot then update again a hour later, and remove 1 view, so I'm left with only 1 view, because those 2 people still viewed it, no matter what.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
              Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you are thinking the 24 hours is total views.

The number from yesterday will not necessarily be the number from today.
              Again, the 24 hour period is rolling.
              The only number that should stay the same or go up is total views and total views can actually go down as well due to it only showing info for currently published Hubs.

If you had 3 views two days ago, and none since, the Hub will show 0 for last 24 hours.

Hmm, I think I understand it a little more...

So, say I had 1 view exactly 24 hours a go, it then updated an hour later, and during that time, 2 more people had viewed my Hubs, my actual 24 hour total would be 2, instead of 3? Because that 1st view was now more than 24 hours a go.

Confusing system you've got going, I thought it was like a day-to-day, so each day it resets, not each 24 hour for each view.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                  psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Correct. It is your number of view from the last twenty four hours, not for a calendar day.

2. wjack2010 profile image61
    wjack2010posted 4 years ago

I may just be getting completely confused...

working