jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

What's the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to you?

1. MissJamieD profile image75
    MissJamieDposted 4 years ago

My ex husband told me that my father would not like me. (My father never knew I was his and I've always wished I would've known him)....that's the meanest thing anyone's ever said to me.

1. Stina Caxe profile image88
      Stina Caxeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A girl who was once married to my kids uncle told me that my daughters premature birth was my fault, I knew there was a chance she could die and I decided to have her anyway because I was selfish and wanted to trap her dad into staying with me.

MissJamieDposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That is horrible. Some people have no heart. I hope everything went well with your baby:)

2. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image59
      Sphinxs Sanctumposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I was raised by my maternal grandparents & was upset about something, having a little spat with my grandma & she said, "You better consider yourself lucky girl cuz if your mom woulda kept ya, her pervert husband would have been havin' sex with ya & if your dad had ya, he'd have been having sex with ya too!" (in her angry southern drawl)  But that can only be tied with my uncle telling me that I'm just as crazy as my father who shot himself in the head.  Yep - my family are pretty much lower than whale-sh*t.

1. bBerean profile image61
        bBereanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Goes to show, sometimes "every cloud has a silver lining" is true, and you get to be it for your family.

That was a very nice reply.

I used to call myself the "white sheep" of my family because they were all goofy and I was the only halfway sane one. lol

It's easy to let bad situations and beginnings define you, but fortunately many, if not most, don't let them.  I was very fortunate to have a great family, but am very aware of those who weren't.  Many of my friends would spend all of their time at my house and my folks loved it.

2. MissJamieD profile image75

Holy crap that's is unbelievable. I hated to bring up such a sore subject, but I knew I couldn't be the only person who'd been made to feel smaller than the grass under a terd. I'm sad that people are so cruel. The upside to this is that I hope we're all better than that. I know that I am. I've said some mean things in my day but I wouldn't hit below the belt like that.

2. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 4 years ago

While confronting someone who had disappeared for a week, he said to me:

"What do you want me to say..'baby oh baby come back'.....cause I'm not!'

My ex was such a jerk like this, I know how this feels. I just can't believe how heartless people are. I hope you know you're above that.

3. bBerean profile image61
    bBereanposted 4 years ago

I believe in the God of the bible, heaven and hell.  For that, I got the following comment.  If you believe in these things, to be consistent, the person, (who's name I have withheld), would have to apply the same sentiment to you.  This is perhaps the meanest thing anyone has directed at me. 

Whoa. There are  more black-hearted people in this world than ever before. Us good human beings are the minority. It's pathetic.

4. gosupress profile image70
    gosupressposted 4 years ago

In real life? Or does online count as well? Real life I don't really remember because I was probably drunk. Online it was something like: "get cancer jew"

Yikes:) So, do you get mouthy when drinking? lol

5. LagunaAlkaline profile image86
    LagunaAlkalineposted 4 years ago

**Backstory** I was adopted when I was 6 months old.

Keeping to the pattern of exes, my ex told me my adopted mom isn't really my mom.

Guess he doesn't know the difference between being the person who gave birth and being a Mom.  Sad for him.  Everyone has someone who gave birth to them.  Not everyone gets to have a Mom.

working